SlotForum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just arrived from the States...

"Carrera" 1:32 scale versions of the "Cars 2" movie, "Lightning McQueen and "Francesco Bernoulli"....

All the best.. Martin.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ah yes, these are still affordable compared to the Scalex versions, at least where McQueen is considered. I will probably get McQueen too, but I think I will wait a bit longer till Max Schnell is released.

And in case anyone is interested, I compared the pullback version (1:34) of Francesco Bernoulli with the Carrera version (1:32) and they are the exact same size.

regards,
Spykerman

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there Spykerman...

I also have a few of the Cars 2 "Pullback Racers" which I am at this moment converting into slot-cars.

As you say they are very good detail and produce a lot more variations.. I have Mater, Finn McMissile, Holly Shiftwell, Jeff Corvette, Raoul Carolle, Shu Todoroki, and various Lightning McQueens.
Some are easy to find, others seem very difficult to locate..

I will post some photos when they are completed..

Here are a few I have finished, I am sure you will recognise them..

All the best.. Martin.

.. "Cars on Track"..

·
Registered
351 Posts
QUOTE (Kustomart @ 26 Apr 2012, 13:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just arrived from the States...

"Carrera" 1:32 scale versions of the "Cars 2" movie, "Lightning McQueen and "Francesco Bernoulli"....

All the best.. Martin.

Nice! And good to hear they're more reasonably priced that the Scalextric versions. Thinking ahead to my son's birthday, are they only available in the States, or do UK suppliers have their hands on them as well? I checked a couple but couldn't find them.

Cheers

Don

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don... As far as I know, at the moment these Carrera "Cars 2" releases are only available in the USA.

However, thats not to say some UK slot car stockists wont bring some into the country. "Just keep looking", as I would think they would sell out very quick.

The Carrera models seem to be very good in their detail, and are very similar to the Scalextric ones in size etc, athhough I have not tried them on the track yet.

Here are some side by side photos of the Carrera and Scalextric versions.

All the best.. Martin.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hi Don,

as for the Carrera cars you could either try:
- ebay
- US stockists (I don't know about the Dollar-Pound rate, but the Dollar-Euro rate still makes them quite favorable)
- Mainland stockists: for instance German, Spanish or NL, although I found US stockists still cheaper. You could try aloyshop.com (Spanish) for instance, they had these the last time I checked. They also have regular discounts, I believe, you may just be lucky. Never ordered from them, though, so I cannot speak for their service.

PS the most noticable difference between the Scalex and the Carrera cars may only be the facial expression. I find the Scalex version of McQueen to have a better 'fitting' expression: he is stressing to win there, whereas the Carrera version seems to be just laughing sheepishly.

regards,
Spykerman

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,721 Posts
Martin any chance of a view of the chassis on Mater - I have done a Finn McMissile and have a mater waiting in the workshop for some chassis inspiration.

DM

·
Greg Gaub
14,669 Posts
I'm with DM. I'd like to see as many photos of the chassis and any needed mods to the body and how you attached the two for any and all of your conversions. I'd like to do the same, and have 6 cars (including the two Carrera) that I want to use as a racing set for my SSD tracks. I have very little experience with converting toy cars to slot cars, and so need a lot of help with the specifics.

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi there all..

DM & Greg... Not a problem.... I will take some photos of the Mater conversion and post them for you..
Plus, some other photos of my other "Cars" conversions I am working on...

I will either post them on this thread or start another one...

All the best.. Martin.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Has anyone tried to fit scalextric chip inside of those cars?
I'm thinking to buy these carrera carscars for my kids but its really hard to tell how big these really are.
And how these perform on a track?
Scalextric versions seem to be pretty hard to find so thats why the carrera versions.

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi there all..
I had forgotton about this post..

OffRoader..
There are some other cars available in the "Pullback Racers" series other than the ones you have mentioned, but they seem to be very hard to find..
They are..
Geff Corvette.
Holly shiftwell.
Plus.. The Japanese white LMP type car and the focus style Rally Car (sorry cant remember their names).
Two of these I purchased from a local shop, the other two from the internet (ebay).

I think King and Doc came from a race set, as they were motorised, but not slotcars. They also seem to me slightly bigger than 1:32, probably around 1:30th, but they look good going around the track and fit in well..
Sally was a R/C car purchased from Ebay.
Ramone was purchased from a Bootsale/Fleamarket. No idea who makes it, just one of those lucky finds.

I also found "Mac" (Lightning McQueens transporter) at a Bootsale/Fleamarket. I believe it came from the Disney store, and was used as a carry case/playset for some of the other "Cars" cars. It did not have a trailer with it, but I have now found a suitable trailer to convert. Its great with the kids, as it has a sound chip in it, so when you press the top of the cab down it "speaks", they love it.
By the way.. All these conversions are made of Plastic, No Diecasts..

All I can suggest is that you keep searching the shops and the internet as they are out there, just a question of being lucky enough to find them...

All the best.. Martin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts