Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, need some help with the scale for building a grandstand ive read alot of topics about this but none really give accurate scale measurements for modeling this
ive heard scalextric is under scale ! some spectator figures are not to scale ! not sure where to start !!!!
What i really need is someone who knows definitivly what it should be ??? im talking about the height width and depth of seats and the rise of levels steps and seating levels
any help very much appreciated

Thanks
Dave

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
I'd think it would depend largely on the grandstand you're trying to model. If you're not basing your creation on a real one, you should be able to work out usable dimensions based on the average height of a man being around 5'11" (roughly 1.8m). Stairs have an average height and spread as well. However, the lower the riser the wider the tread.

Embs

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
I used some actual figures to work out the dimensions. Scalex figures are a bit large BUT Carrera ones are much smaller,so you need to compromise. The first stand I built I did to scale and the Scalex figures would not sit properly. The rebuild was done to suit the scalex figures and now all my figures will sit,the Carrera ones feet are a little off the next step. So best to get some of your figures first.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ember thanks for the info . i dont have a problem with scale in general its as phil puts it the differences between different manufacturers of figures

Phil thanks for the advice ! think youve solved it scaley figures and everything else fits !!! ill work on this principle

Off to ebay now buy me a few specimens

Thanks again
Dave

·
Dennis Samson
807 Posts
I used the same principle as Phil:

Each strip is 1/2" wide and 1/2" above the one below it, so the basic angle of the stand is 45 degrees.

Pretty much any of the available figures fit, mine has a good mixture of old Scalx, Monogram, Carrera and Preisser:

BTW, they may be expensive, but the Preisser figures are really nice and different:

Dennis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts