SlotForum banner

1:32 slot racing in Dorset

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Chris Frost 
#1 ·
After 180 mile (360 mile round trip!) commute to work for last 9 years finally caved in and moving to Dorset.
Hardest bit of all will be leaving Viking Slot car club, Where we have enjoyed many Monday nights racing with top bunch of like minded slot racers.
So is there a club in Poole, Bournmouth (Southampton?) area that races std 1:32 slot cars. Ie Scalextric, Ninco, SCX, Slot It type cars.
If such a club doesn't exist, the new place does have room for decent sized layout, so is there interest in forming a club in the area?
Steve

#4 ·
There's the guys at Gosport, Steve. Not sure if that's in range for you and Tom. But they do race the sort of cars you prefer. Try a PM to "thatcedric" for more details.

I think one of the Southampton clubs is looking to restart in new premises soon too. One of our old members who races there is about to start racing with us at Bolwextric again until they restart. You would be welcome to make the trip up to us - it would be motorway virtually all the way but still quite a trek.

#5 ·
There is always the Netley club, just East of Southampton. We have a 140 ft 4 lane track, and the club room has central heating, toilets, kitchen etc. We race on Monday nights with simple 1/32 BSCRA type cars, and once a month on Wednesday with hard body Slot.it, NSR etc cars. We'd be really pleased to have you visit. PM me if you're interested, and I'll email you some photos and directions.
Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.