SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that Traffic Model Cars has this resin Lola T70 kit listed on eBay.

It uses MRRC running gear. Reserve price is £37.99. I wonder if it is just a one off or if they intend a production run? It looks like the master was made from the Monogram body.

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
658 Posts
It is very nice indeed and it helps fill a gap in the slot car market. I'm still waiting for a major manufacturer to produce a new tooling for the Lola T-70. There were so many unique and colourful variants that I thought it would be a "natural" for a company such as Fly...which decided to market it as a 1/40-something scale display model and not a 1/32 slot car!

Hello...MRRC...you've re-released just about every old Monogram 1/32 body from the "Dark Ages"...howzabout the Lola T-70.

Printing the decal sheets for all of the different liveries would be like printing money.

Cheers,

Bob S.

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
QUOTE It looks like the master was made from the Monogram body.
HHHMMMMMM,doesn't look anything like the Monogram one I have.I allways thought the Monogram one just looked WRONG.It allways looked too wide to me.

This one looks much more correct.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On checking mine, I think you are right Al. It doesn't look like the Monogram body. K&B / Aurora, perhaps?

Kind regards

Russell

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
I've got a K&B/Aurora body here and it does not seem to be that either.
Although the dimensions look about the same, the detailing is different.

I'll ask Steve when I see him in January, though he might not tell!!

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Hmmm

Front end looks a little strange- too 'square'? Windscreen also seems a funny shape- the original is very flat. And the engine detail is just plain silly! Classic have a very nice fibreglass shell that looks just right to me. A lot less than £37 too...

Goodnight

1 - 11 of 11 Posts