SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that Resilient Resins, well known for their range of 1/24th scale bodies, are now starting to produce 1/32nd scale bodies.

So far the range includes the 1959 Aston Martin DBR1, Hussein Dodge, Lotus 30 and the Prophet Can-Am.

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
There is also a Ferrari TR, Which I am currently working on. One of many projects & who know when I will finish? As well as a Scarab; I added that one to the "To do someday" pile. I hear that when my Nine month old gets to about 3; I will have more time for things like scratch building & kit building.

To answer howmets question: They are slosh cast in a very thin, but flexible resin. They have no body posts, but they can be epoxied in or you can use the old pins thru the side of the body method.

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Excellent stuff, some nice bodyshells listed in 1/24th, but I can't find anything about 1/32nd. Do you know if they are going to be sold in the UK?...or will we need to order direct from the US?.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well,if I can get the tyre and wheel combo sorted, I'll be running a resilient resin dbr1,which was us$19.95,pretty impressed with the finish and detail in the body,although for me, the windscreen looks to be an upcoming worry,I'll worry about that when the time comes.

I was unsure of the finished product,but now it has arrived I'm real happy with the end product,so if anyone is contemplating one you can be confident of good value for your hard earned.

Cheers terry

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
Terry: Does the kit have the widscreen in it? If not I could vac form one for you no problems. Did you buy off Ebay or direct from them?

I tested my Alfa with 7mm wide sponge tyres the other night,lok sloke it will have too much grip and tend to want to fall over instread of slide! I have not used some of patto's 7mm wide X 16mm wheels with his rubber tyres but have not turned them down to the correct size as yet,will let you know how it goes.

Phil

·
Registered
16 Posts
G'day Phil,I was "lucky" enough to snag it through ebay,the only problem to that was,as a auction should be,that I wasn't sure of the final price till the auction ended,a vac form windscreen does come with the car,in fact 2 came with it,must have known it was been sent to me,so if i stuff the first one up,I have a 2nd one to stuff up as well!

I'm hangin' out for your leg of the proxy to kick off by the way.

Chhers terry

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I received a very prompt reply to my enquiry about these bodies from Douglas Haynes of Resilient Resins:-

We have just added five 1/32 bodies in the last few weeks. (The website has not been updated yet to include them). In 1/32 scale, we offer Ferrari 250 TR, Aston Martin DBR1, '58 Scarab-Chevy, Hussein MkI, Lotus 30 and Prophet Can Am.

As you can see, eBay minimum bid price is $19.99. The website price is $24.99. Shipping in US/Can is $4.00 for the first body and $2.00 for additional bodies in the same order. We do not have direct sales by credit card... yet. We offer Western Union Auction Payment (Bidpay) for credit card customers. If you have further questions, let me know.

Thanks for asking.

Douglas Haynes
P.O. 7681
Eugene, OR 97401
USA
[email protected]

Here are pictures of the Ferrari 250TR and Scarab:-

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Oh oh oh... A Scarab too! I've come over all funny.
Wonderful!!! But dare I ask- are they the right size? That's not, like, a recast of the Ninco TR is it? It all seems to good to be true. If someone can confirm the scale, I'll be sending off a big order next payday.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Howmet:-

Message from Doug Haynes for you:-

In response to the question raised by the last person posting to the thread: RR's Aston Martin, Scarab, and Ferrari 250TR are not reproductions of any currently offered products, such as the Ninco TR. They are accurate scale 1/32 bodies.

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Wow- thanks for that quick and reassuring response, Russell and Mr Haynes!
I didn't mean to be casting aspersions on the castings, but I have had some bad experiences with my hard earned lately.
As soon as I'm solvent again, I will be ordering these shells!
And I anxiously await some of those other 1/24 beauts on the site being transposed to the right key for me!

Beautiful- and thanks again!

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
QUOTE (Russell Sheldon @ 24 May 2004, 08:38)and Ferrari 250TR are not reproductions of any currently offered products, such as the Ninco TR.
Hmmm! Is that just unfortunate phrasology or carefully worded business speak. I hope it's not a repop of the Strombecker, coz if you think the Ninco is too big.........

Good to see a Scarab!

Mr.M

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
....also says 'accurate scale 1/32', Mr.M. My trusting soul is convinced. But maybe I should order then one at a a time...
But no. Dash it. These look like fun! Waht is the point of a small parcel when you can have a BIG one?

·
Registered
232 Posts
As many of you might know you can order Resilient Resin bodys here with me in Europe.

Homepage: http://www.grenzlandslot.com

The price is 20 Euros per body plus postal fee.
On the homepage you will find so far only the 1/24 bodys that are offered over here, but the 1/32 will follow soon.

At the moment I only have 2 bodys in 1/32 here, one is the Scarab and one is the Ferrari 250TR, mainly to show around and make people aware that those bodys will be available pretty soon!!

As far as I tried the Slot.It inliner chassis should fit perfectly underneath the F250TR!!

So in case you have more questions just post them here or have a look at the homepage or simply contact me and I will be glad to help you with all the information that I can get you. Sales to the UK (as they were asked for) are no problem at all!!

E-Mail adress: [email protected]

Nico

http://www.grenzlandslot.com

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
The Scarab Body I got looked to be identical to an early fiberglass body I had that I was about to make resin copies of myself.

I find the best way to get somebody to make a car I want is to start working on one for myself!! Need to get busy on a Lotus 11!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts