SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
redstar
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the discussion on the odd Nichimo set below made me think about the differences of the various Mustang fastbacks made in the 1960s.1 photo-line up of the different Mustangs from left to right ( Nichimo kit car of Japan ,Nichimo set car of Japan, Estrela of Brazil, Atma of Brazil, Aurora of the USA, AMT of the USA. ) . 2- line up of the Mustangs in the same order. 3- Nichimo kit chassis. 4-Nichomo set chassis. 5-Esrela chassis. 6-Atma chassis. 7-Aurura chassis, AMT chassis. 8-strange Nichimo guide. 9- Odd Atma guide. 10-Nichimo, 11-Esrela, 12-Atma,13-Aurora, 14- AMT, 15-Differces in the grill between the Aura on the left and Atma on the right. Did I forget any vintage 1/32nd scale Mustang fastbacks ?
question.gif

Attachments

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Interesting that the race number 20 is a Nichimo kit. In the UK those chassis were imported by BMW (Builders Merchants Wimbledon), thus I know them as BMW.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
then there was the K&B variant of the Aurora: I believe all these kits were white. Only difference was the embossed logo on the frame, the decal transfer sheet, and the inclusion of nice wheel inserts (which did not fit properly!). Interesting that the Atma has those inserts.

·
Premium Member
5,163 Posts
The Aurora and K&B bodies came from the same mold, the Aurora cars being strictly RTRs, the K&B strictly kits.

k138_1.jpg

The visual differences are easy: the Aurora car has painted stripes and little American flag stickers on its doors, like all the Aurora cars did. The wheels on the Aurora cars are push-on type with 3 "kidney beans" cuts and no inserts, while the K&B kits are screw-on type with plated inserts. The K&B kit has decals for the body.

The Aurora chassis is stamped as such, and so is the K&B chassis, but the spare chassis one could purchase separately are unmarked.

As far as the South American copies, no one is really sure if they were licensed or not, but they appear to use different tooling.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts