SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Tony
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's not to scale, I know it's going to be called a blob and I know it's not painted in the right colours. I don't care. It was built to be fast, to handle and to be easy to see from a distance at speed and it's all of those.
I am pleased with the chassis which I built from scratch, it's based on an old Iso design. The centre section is hinged from right at the back of the chassis and is powered by a Group 12 motor with zapped magnets. I wanted the front wheels to touch and roll and that was the difficult bit to sort, I didn't want to hinge the from the pans. I'm happy with it but I doubt that it will be of interest to the majority.
Thanks for looking

Bigtone

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Well I`m interested, & I think it`s a great build!
I`d love to see that hammering round the track!
Wish I had a small bit of your talent at making slots.
Cheers.
Kev.

·
Tony
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes John, I know. My camera is ancient and not good at close ups. Have to invest in a new one.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Hi Bigtone,

We all raced these in the ECRA days, cobalt magnet 13UOs etc., in fact they became so successful that they were banned !!.

vbr Chris A.

·
Tony
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all your nice comments. CJA, I do remember them running ECRA Nationals and I believ one won F1, could have been Pete Hoare. I wasn't good enough to build one then. Perhaps I should have built it with a 13UO with cobalts as I still have 3 of them

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Nice one Tony, yes they won loads of Nationals and we did ban them as everyone used them well past the point where anyone recalled the real car! Pete Hore's 1982 winner is here on the BSCRA site

·
Dennis Samson
807 Posts
QUOTE (Bigtone @ 21 Aug 2012, 17:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Perhaps I should have built it with a 13UO with cobalts as I still have 3 of them

Would you be interested in selling one/some of those? I have some projects that need them, especially the magnets. Those old soft cobalts seem to be unobtainable these days.

Thanks

·
Tony
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Dennis
I wouldn't want to let any of the motors go but I think I have some magnets squirrelled away in a box somewhere. I'll have a hunt and let you know

Tony

·
Vendor
2,919 Posts

As an avid collector of everything slot with 6 wheels, I wonder if you have an old spare 6 wheels ECRA type P34 to sell... it will go to a good home:

Picture is old and collection has grown since.

Thanks for posting your picture.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I am very easily led

I was going to repaint a 4 wheeled car but now I am inspired to go back to my 6 wheeled idea.
I have to add +/- 22mm to get the extra axle in and for structural rigidity I need to be careful. Add to that destroy one chassis.

I'll have to measure at least twice before cutting once
Might even have to ponder and measure and ponder and measure.
Might have to have a stiff drink before cutting

·
Tony
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Slot.It,I never actually built one when they were the thing to have. I can honestly say I have never seen one come up for sale, which is suprisung the length of time they ruled and the numbers raced. They were probably converted back to 4 wheels when they were banned. I have just ordered 6 wheel March and Williams bodies to build one of each, they will be 4 wheel drive too.
Mike, the problem I had was fitting the front wheels in, ended up with just 10 thou between the pairs.

·
Vendor
2,919 Posts
Hi Russell.

Any contacts for Mr.Walker?

I've got 1FSlots P34 in order, of course

Was the ThunderBirds car ever available as a slot car, and what is the chassis that I see?

Thanks
Maurizio

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Hi Maurizio,

Unfortunately, I don't know Mr Walker. You may be able to contact him via stanleykirk by PM on this forum.

No, I don't believe that the Thunderbirds car was available as a slot car, but IMAI did make a 1/32nd motorised plastic kit ref. B-091-700.

The chassis is the 1FSlots Tyrrell P34 chassis, laser cut from stainless steel (!).

With kind regards,

Russell

1 - 20 of 20 Posts