SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the SF odometer (or should that be ODDometer) has clicked over to 1,400 members.

That's a lot of slotters!

(I recall we coined the collective noun for a group of slotters a while back, but can't remember what the word we settled on - can any of you? Or can we invent a new one?)

·
Registered
256 Posts
QUOTE (Scott @ 25 Nov 2004, 18:10)I see the SF odometer (or should that be ODDometer) has clicked over to 1,400 members.

That's a lot of slotters!

(I recall we coined the collective noun for a group of slotters a while back, but can't remember what the word we settled on - can any of you? Or can we invent a new one?)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my wife came up with one saddo's !

that is what she calls me/us when on here

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
My wife just calls us the "herd of moles", since we shun daylight to dwell in our basement or loft domains, or are glued to the PC. She does say it in a light-hearted way though - at least, I think she does....

·
Peter Farrell
2,114 Posts
Judging by a fair few of the posts on various threads. I would suggest anyone new to the Forum might just think that a 'Contusion' would be an appropriate collective noun. Going by the number of bruised egos to be found here.
Alfetta

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE bruised egos

I think you are spot on - but sadly can't say more for fear of causing more bruising!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
definately along the right lines! Judging by the magnet/non mag debate, digital/analogue, plexi/wood etc etc etc - maybe:

a standoff of slotters

or

a confrontation of slotters

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Excellent!

What about a lurk of SlotForum, er, lurkers. Needs work, doesn't it.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
A Hoard of Slotters

A Paddock of Slotters

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
QUOTE i asked my witty wife and she thinks you are getting confused with ANORAK'S
Your witty wife is on the right track and obviously likes playing with words as much as I do.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts