Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am wondering if anyone runs 1:43 on Ninco track? The conductor rails are slightly above the level of the track surface and therefrore very low 1:32 scale cars "bootom out" on the rails. Presumably this would be more of a problem with 1:43 cars. I only have very limited experience in 1:43 and the two cars I have work OK.

So if you have experience of running 1:43 cars on Ninco, your comments would be useful.

Kind regards, Leo

·
Registered
636 Posts
Leo,

Only little experience with 1:43. However, I did the following:

I bought 1 Carrera Go car, removed the magnets, added weight, removed the guide and installed a Ninco guide.
This one drives quite well, but I prefer the 1/32 cars.

I also got me two 1/43 Kyosho Porsche 917 dslots.
Also remove magnets and added weight. Even more weight should be added, but the room is hard to find.

They really drive well, nice and smooth and do nice drifting. Comparable to scalex vintage F1 racers.
The front wheels do not touch the ground on Ninco, but they do not touch the ground on my wood track, also. No severe problem to me.
However, I think it would be hard to cure that on those cars.

The 1/43 are nice to drive on Ninco track, but the can't compete with 1/32 slot.its or nsrs imho.

Diegu

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Lloyd and Diegu,
Thank you for your replies.
I did spot the Ninco track in the FOLM thread and fom my own experience I know its possible to run OK, but with faster cars and especially with magnets fitted, they may just stick to the rails and struggle ??

I just did a bit of measuring:-
Carrera rail top is approximately 0.009mm above track surface
Ninco rail top is approximately 0.025mm above track surface

Maybe I'm thinking about this too much !!

Leo

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
I've done some racing with carrera baja buggys on a raid track but the magnet has to be removed coz they stick to the track. The run great on carerra but not on ninco track (that is, with the magnets)

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks FZSsemans®,
That is very helpful. Bad news though.

Many thanks, Leo

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I think when Kyosho first started testing their D-slots and posting prototype pictures the track we saw was Ninco!? Hard to say when they changed to their own track since they use a similar color scheme, BUt I had problems with Compact cars on my Scalextric sport track when running magnets, they cars just wanted to stick to the rails! In order to get them to move I would have to Bump up the power (which will most likely burn up the motor eventually) OR remove the magnuts from the car! If you are running No mag you should be O.K.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Hi,

Can't give answer on 1/43 as I dismateled my Ninco track before I got any of my 1/43 cars. What I can say is that I had lots of problems with my 1/32 cars with little ground clearance. With magnets in My revel Mk1 Cortina would only run on flat track and my SCX Mini would not move until I removed the magnets.

So I would say if running magnet free Ninco track should be ok and if running with magnets no unless they are weak.

I have found that some cars stick to the track a lot more than others. The two cars from my carerra set are totaly different. With one you can feel a pull from the track but the other snaps on to the track and has to be forces off. This is on Artin 1/43 track and it will stop if it gets to close to the rails such as top of a climb.

Artin cars seem to have weak magnets so the may run but with these the voltage level may be the bigest problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts