SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
The carrera system 143 only allow 3 cars, and they don't sell parts as far as I know. Also they seem to be disregarding the system (almost not mentioned in 2021 catalog)
People converting 1/43 to digital tend to choose a 1:32 system they like and with small electronics, but I'm not on the digital side, I'm not the best to recommend a system

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The carrera system 143 only allow 3 cars, and they don't sell parts as far as I know. Also they seem to be disregarding the system (almost not mentioned in 2021 catalog)
People converting 1/43 to digital tend to choose a 1:32 system they like and with small electronics, but I'm not on the digital side, I'm not the best to recommend a system
Small electronics?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Personal I don't will buy a Digital 143 set, the only digital function are the lane changing, I recommend the Digital 132 Starter set, and if you haven't enoug space you can build a Control Unit into a GO 1 feet long trackpiece, and build Digital 132 Decoders into big 1/43 cars. In Holland is the Dig132 set the same price of a Dig143 set, I don't recommended a Dig 143 set, it's a small step to buy a Dig132 set.
Best reagerds, Gerben

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Is your reason to consider the 143 system to do with your available space? Or do you just prefer that scale? It might be worth considering Scalextric digital in 1:32 if you are just starting out, or Carrera 132 if you have lots of space. If you are already invested in some 143 cars then your biggest problem might be finding D143 lane changers, depending on where you live and postage options. Some D143 users swap to a D132 CU which has some added benefits, but will take quite a bit of dedication to wire into a D143 track depending on your level of electronics skill.

Small decoders are available, there is even a small, minimal parts diy option, (azya52 on github) it uses an 8 pin microcontroller and supports D143 functions but it all depends on your skill and time resources. I think the D143 system is restricted in the decoder firmware to reduce the PWM motor controller output to a certain level but you could probably fiddle with it to make it faster, or just use D132 compatible decoders to get the full PWM duty cycle and therefore, speed.

There are a number of aftermarket decoders available, I had ideas to introduce another, had some prototypes made, just never got around to following it through, maybe I'll try again but I can't say for certain at this stage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
143 seems a lot cheaper with a much smaller footprint. I'm really only interested in digital SC, mainly because I dislike the way analogue SCs go from 0-60 in the blink of an eye and 60-0 in a similar time frame.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Ok, for analog it is very common to use an adjustable voltage power supply so as to tune the speed to suit the best car control experience or driveability, the first two points are correct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts