SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year ago we moved from Norwich to Weymouth, on the south west coast. It has been a busy year and I have only just found time to consider whether to build a replacement for my previous 1/43 rally track, 'Little Monte', or even whether to continue with the hobby at all.

Having decided to give it a go, I had to think about what kind of layout I could fit into my much smaller 8' x 6' shed. It was fairly easy for me to decide to hang it around the shed walls, as this is how I built the original 'Little Monte'.

Like many of us these days, I have very little spare cash to spend on my hobbies, so this layout will be made with whatever materials that I can get cheaply, or for free. The main support structure consists of several 5' x 6" x 13mm plywood planks I bought on Facebook Marketplace for 2 pounds each.
The track at the Highest level is flattened Carrera Go looped track. This gives a slightly bumpy surface, but the cars have no problems with it. The track surface on the turns/bends, are, so far, made of 2 layers of 3mm hardboard, screwed and glued to the plywood bases. Most of the cutting out was done with a jigsaw, including the slots. I have bought a small sheet of 6mm MDF from B&Q for some of the other track sections, but this is an expensive way to do it. No hardware or diy shops in Weymouth offer a cutting service, so using 9 or 12mm MDF and a router is not very practical. Inexpensive self adhesive copper tape is used for conducting rails.

More to follow soon.
Wood Interior design Floor Flooring Gas
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood
Wood Interior design Floor Flooring Gas
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood
Wood Composite material Gas Flap Vehicle
Wood Table Line Building Floor
Wood Composite material Gas Flap Vehicle
Wood Table Line Building Floor

Regards, Lloyd

· Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lloyd, that is a great start!
will you be using painted plastic track for more parts?
Thanks Peter, I do not plan to use more plastic track, unless I run out of wood, but it could happen.

Regards, Lloyd.

· Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Peter, I do not plan to use more plastic track, unless I run out of wood, but it could happen.

Regards, Lloyd.
As it turned out, I didn't like the noise or the bumpiness of the plastic sections, so I have replaced these sections with wood. I should have a new video tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Regards, Lloyd.

· Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wood Flooring Floor Beam Hardwood

Since our house move about a year ago, we seem to be constantly busy, so this little project is moving
Wood Gas Engineering Flooring Machine

slower than I had hoped.

I have added some sections and, of course, done some testing.

Regards, Lloyd.

· Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Aki, I don't think the is a Fulvia in the box at the moment, but I still have the mould. I will make a list of the shells I do have and send it to you. As usual, you are welcome to any that you want to build!

Regards, Lloyd.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts