SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I got this R/C Range Rover several months ago on epay with the idea of converting it; then a couple weeks ago I picked up a Carrera F-150 hopping that it would make a nice donor for it @ Hobby Lobby!

When, I got the F-150 home I quickly eye-balled it and it looked like it would work! This morning while workinng on the track I decided to pop the bodies off each and thought I might adjust the chassis length. Well, once I started messing with it, it all just kinda fell into place! The spacing of the front lower valance mated up perfectly to the front of the Range Rover with almost no grinding!

The R/C cars mounting posts are just behind the front wheel wells (right where I like'em) & the rear was in the center of the very back! (Perfect!)
The chassis had molded in wheel wells that needed to be modified, but that along with taking 1/8" out of the chassis was almost all the cutting! No body posts needed fabrication! You could literally do this conversion in about an hour; NO PROBLEM!

My conversion took almost 2 hours because I saved the rear muffler/under body detail off the Rover & transferred it to the new car which required some creativity & more involved fabrication which was not really needed. The back of the car tilts up quite a bit so I went out of my way to make it Pretty!

Great thing about the mounting posts being behind the front wheels is that now virtually all the space in front can be utilized for fitting a proper guide! Which I plan on doing in the near future!

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Nice little conversion, was the R/C inexpensive?

Looks a bit out of place on your beautiful track, who is in town?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (DJ @ 28 Nov 2011, 11:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice little conversion, was the R/C inexpensive?

Looks a bit out of place on your beautiful track, who is in town?

The R/C was less then $17. and the Carrera F-150 was about $12., A bit much for a 1/43, but when you consider it's a model that will probably never be made in this scale and how easy it was to do . . . . Not too bad!

Maybe it's recognizance for a new race on the old Targa route!?

Officials love Range Rovers!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I like Range Rovers! And I am not an official anything. (Oops, may have opened a bad door, there!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts