SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Nice looking car Davebar. The colour looks good on a classic Aston.

What chassis did you use?.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i used a scaly nascar chassis and motor setup. it dropped in with only a few mods. i really want to do a brass chassis, i just have not had the time to try. here are few pics of my jag. i used the chassis that came with the model kit, a motor and drive shaft from a marcos and made the brackets for the rear end from brass.

the pictures are not reducing, so this the link:
http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v104/davebar1010/

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
They are just chopped up Scalextric chassis's. The MGB is from a Scalex Datsun chassis and the Jag from a caterham. The MGB is now an MGB-GT as I fitted a resin shell to it. This is probably the worst running car I have so a new PC board chassis is on the Project list. The Caterham chassis works really well I have fitted these to both the Airfix and a Resin Lightweight E Type body. Needs a fair amount of cutting so you need to be brave with a Dremmel !

Regards

Alan

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
I used a MRRC Cobra chassis when I did my Airfix MGB. I trimmed off the ends of the chassis and the sides and then made new side strips ( here in white plastic sheet ) for the bodymounts.

David

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Friends,
I am new on the board. I did a MGB airfix using a chassis of Ferrari 166 Ninco. It runs well.

more photos of this project (and many others too) on my web site
see AEROSLOT page (my "trade mark")
MINT IN BOX

Christophe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts