Mechanic

Mechanics night

Oil shop

Summer sunset (Smoker effects)

Slot mechanics repairs slot motors and not die cast motors

·
Registered
216 Posts
Excellent. Very atmospheric with the lighting and I really like the track surface - cracks in the tarmac and the tracks where a car has cleared the snow etc. Also the smaller details like the oil drums in the garage.

The mechanics are very well painted - did you do them?

Any chance of a track plan?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Well .. I won't tripple this reply and I won't use the word '*xcellent' .. I'll just say : THIS is VERY, VERY GOOD!

Great way using backdrops in well thought out spots to add just the right amount depth and 'air' to the layout! I especially love the lake! And that tunnel, seldomly seen in slottracks, ayh? Here it works just fine! .. Stating: There IS something more beyond this track, see!!

Could you treat us with a trackpaln or perhaps an overall view, please?!

.. cheers ..

-- ron --

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thaaank you so much for your kind comments!!!

XJ220.- the mechanics are from diferent brands. The ones from Scalextric are lightly re-painted, the ones from Revell are almost the "serie" men, and the rest are from MRRC, al hand painted (by the easy and fast way.- If you want I may post the how to...).

Graham_Lane.- the oil drums are 1:35 resines hand painted by me.

Ron_Mcrain.- That is the idea of the tunnel with the Renault Alpine. Please, find the track below.

miker, the backdrop are from different places, some printed at home, from faller, from busch...

taxi.- Thank you and sure, I will make some more pictures of it on the weekend to post them here.

·
David Collins
2,492 Posts
Just an echo of what everyone's said so far - what a great job you've done. Is there any chance you could show us a wider shot of the whole layout? And who makes those oildrums and where can I buy them?

·
David Collins
2,492 Posts
Just want to apologise for being lazy - did a quick search on the web and was amazed at the 1:35 stuff available for military modellers.

Found Tamiya kits at www.greathistorygifts.com like:

and from [email protected], the perfect thing for the Mille Miglia/Targio Florio fan:

Maybe not new to most of you readers, but yet another way to spend money on slot car racing for me...

·
No1 super guy
1,667 Posts
Wow, I thought this was a big layout.
Just goes to show that you don't need a huge space to create a great track

I am even more impressed that you have got all of this into the space you have

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I am lost for words, almost!

Apart from to say "Congratulations on a job well done."

Only one thing, more images please...

·
Brad Korando / Brad Korando
1,089 Posts
Beautiful work O DEMO! The details you have added really make it something special. I'd like to know more about the Texaco staition. I think I have seen similar pieces that were 1:24 scale. The scale of your station seems to fit nicely into your scenery. What scale is it?

Thanks for posting the pictures of your track.
Brad

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.