SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys new to this scene and want to make a good 10x7ft track iv got plent of track but want one thats quite challenging with a bit a rear end action!! and was hoping you guys might know some good layouts i could try out!!!

Thanks Luke!

Prof I T
hi
will this be a table top variant if so unless your over 7ft tall with a arm span to match reaching the middle of a 7ft circuit is going to be impossible

I am a little over 6ft and reaching into the middle of my 6ft wide layout can be a stretch to re slot cars..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well im convertin my attic and its going to be on the floor!! and its scalextric sport track im using!! and with it being on the floor i think it would be easier to recover crashed cars rather than table top!! thanks!

Greg Gaub
Since it's your loft, and you're playing on the floor, the loft hatch location will make a big difference. If the 10x7 area is away from the hatch, can you give us a total floor size and the location of the hatch?
Also, do you have a list of pieces you already have for us to start with?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my hatch is in the corner on the loft bud!! and i want layouts so i can buy the track parts to make it great!! i love the layout of monaco on DIRT 3 on xbox 360! its a crossover track thats amazing with a nice jump!! so anything really!!

Greg Gaub
ok, so I'm going to assume that you have 10x7; of CLEAR and open floor space for the layout, and will have a play with stuff that will fit in that space. If your loft hatch is WITHIN that 10x7 space, please let me know.

Registered
Hi Luke - your preferences for racing will drive direction of your optimal layout. Are you racing GT cars, F1, rally, etc? Would you prefer a bit of everything in as small a space as possible? Do you care for/hate flyovers and elevation changes? Magnets in or magless? R1s add a lot of challenge but can be a real pain for pace cars. I moved away from my R1s and used a lot of flowing decreasing radius turns, plus "S" curves with alternating >half circle R2s for the "twisties". Here's mine (17' x 17' "L" shape):

Do you have a budget in mind?

Thanks and best of luck!

Steve

Greg Gaub
Here you go, Luke.

You mentioned you liked rally, so I started out with a long smooth outside path that gets more and more technical until the lap starts over again. I used borders everywhere to make sure there was plenty of sliding room for those tail-happy cars. Obviously, you don't have to put borders EVERYWHERE, but outside of every turn and on the insides where the car will drift over, and a little on the straights where the car is still getting back in line is a good idea.
It's all standard pieces except the one spot on the infield where there are 3 "short" straights in a row.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts