SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm mid way through boarding out my loft and really feel it's time I returned to slot car racing after all these years. I've got loads of track and old cars, some of which I had converted to digital. I think I have one of the earliest digital power bases, 4 curved lane changers a couple of straight changers and a pit lane set up. I am going to buy the latest digital pro conversion kit with 4x wireless throttles so myself and a few mates can all play.
I'm a carpenter by trade and very handy and one of my mates is a whizz electronics and computer nerd.
In the distance past we had a four lane routed and slot together hybrid set up in my mates loft which was enormous. But all I can feasibly manage space wise would be 12 foot by 5. I say 5 foot because we would all be sat along one side and I assume that any wider would mean we couldn't reach a deslotted car.

If anyone could point me towards any existing designs or help, I would be massively grateful.

I have quantities of 1,2,3&4 curve track radii. Pretty certain I would want changes of elevation and tunnels to maximise track length and would think that having a fast straight at the back of the circuit and twisting sections towards the front would make sense.

Ive always toyed with having a twisting part of the circuit as a single lane using a pit section and cutting up two lane track to achieve this. Has anyone tried this on a race circuit ? I know people make rally tracks like this but I wondered whether it works well on a race circuit.
The circuit sadly will probably get 80% use just by myself with the other time taken with an other one to three people.
Any and all feedback is very welcome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey man. I've looked at your YouTube channel and the comments are turned off (probably because of the music tracks) . Is there any chance you could post an over head photo of the track in its digital form. I'm particularly interested in where exactly you have put the lane changers and the use of the curve lane changers. Any more help is much appreciated as I am aware that lane change placement is crucial from reading other posts. Also I am totally going to go with a two lane pit and love how you're using the curved changers for this. Like your video but it's hard to tell what you've done..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.