SlotForum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Administrator
10,852 Posts
Brilliant show - did you see the launch of the new buildings? Really rugged, solid made and looked superb. Prices were about the same as Carrera grandstands and pits, but they are just flimsey plastic, these were solid mdf. They were also making a Pit wall that was exactly the width when you use a pair of pit curves to S snake the pit back a short distance, and they were making the border in black to infill the S gap. Impressive!
Buildings all had roofs that you could take off to fit people inside. On my Christmas list...

Bad news is I can't remember their name

· Phil Smith
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Another successful meeting done and thanks to everyone who attended tableholders and the public.
Numbers were back to normal after April's blip with 200 through the door.
Tables were totally sold out.

Next one is April 15th 2012, see you there

· Premium Member
5,364 Posts
I really enjoyed it - thanks Phil.

It's been several years since i have been to a swapmeet as a punter and not had any other responsibilities and it was great to see such a broad range of items available - some i had never seen before and some i simply didn't know existed (much better than flebay)

Bargain of the day for me was a Pinkkar Bettle PanAmerica £20 and Ninco Seat Cordoba "Telefonica' £12 boxed!

· Administrator
10,852 Posts
yeah, just found them further up in this thread. Someone ought to do a news article on them. Looked too good for the vast bunch of anoraks that haunt Orpington. Oops, that includes me...

Must have been a good turnout as Phils boss sent him out for more milk...

· Premium Member
171 Posts
haha! how Riko is correct, as an Orpington anorak:
I was very impressed with the MDF buildings, however managed to get a good deal on some Carrera buildings so bought those instead.

Picked up a few good bargains, and also collected a few items I had previously bought, to save on postage.

It still amazes me the number of traders that spend their time talking to other traders in front of their stall, whilst its obvious that customers are trying to move around their stall and look at their stock.

At previous meets, I used to try and interrupt them if there was something I wanted, now I don't bother, and just move onto the next stall.

· Alfie Noakes
2,639 Posts
Thanks for the hard work Phil, enjoyed another great Orpington swapmeet.
Finally met up with a couple of local Slotforum folk, and spent the last of this months money on some nice bargains.
Lots of stuff realistically priced lead me to conclude that there's quite a lot of overpriced stuff on ebay at the moment, especially Scalextric from the 80s & 90s
I've now got about 60p to live on until Wednesday. And that's only because I couldn't find anything for 60p.
Cheers,
Richard

· Registered
224 Posts
It was a busy day for me as a stall-holder.

And I liked the floor-plan Phil, it was a very useful checklist as I worked my way around at the end of the event taking bookings for Swindon.

Talking of which, Swindon is the next swapmeet on the calendar now, Sunday 8 January 2012. Thread here.

47 table bookings so far.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.