SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why can't any of the slot companies make early models like this 1910 Benz that raced at Brooklands?

RR

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would settle for any of the pre WW1 racing cars, as these cars had such a distinctive style and so much class.

RR

·
Registered
120 Posts
Has anyone heard of anyone scratch building a Merc SSLK from the Matchbox 1/32 kit (is that what your picture is of Dennis)? I bought one a year or so ago with the intention of doing just that but still haven't found time to do it. Any ideas on a suitable chassis would be gratefully received...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The whole point of starting this their are so many great cars form 1900 onwards that no one is making any slot models of.

So PLEASE, instead of several companies making models of the same car can we have some models of the early cars.

RR

·
Registered
714 Posts
If the manufacturers thought there was money to be made in pre-war cars, I am pretty sure they would be at it already! The problem appears to be that, although there is a powerful demand, it is only from a very small number of enthusiasts. (rather like the perceived demand for Le Mans starts etc!)

I think we have seen evidence of this, fairly recently, with Pink Kars' Bugattis and Auto Unions that only really moved off the shelves after quite hefty price cuts.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I'm not convinced this is a good example. I gave the Bugatti and OOOO cars a look but they did not appeal to me. My guess is that these models fell between two stools: not cool enough for kids, not detailed enough for collectors.

It might be a different story if the likes of Carrera, MMK or Slot Classic were to make versions

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree with John,

I am still hoping for Slot classic to make me some more rail cars and these will be 1930's cars.

I could have sold every Auto Union they made many times over and hundred of slot car versions.

I think if the right company made a early slot model with very narrow wheels, it would be a major success.

It could open up a new class of racing and with no magnets and very narrow tyres could be great fun.

RR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts