Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A German modeling enthusiast, Jorg Fahn, is scratchbuilding a 1/32 1934 Auto Union race car transporter; which can be seen at: www.renntransporter132.de/htm/transporter.html. Scroll down to Modell, to view. Then click on the AU transporter plan. He is planning to cast it in resin and is wondering if others will be interested in a copy. He has some images of the model posted and looks as if he's doing an excellent job. Ettore

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
Don't worry about the AU transporter, have you looked a the rest of the site, wow

I have never seen at least 99% of those pictures!

·
Registered
658 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Love that Kamaz!!!

Be sure to send us photos as it develops. Is it 1/32 scale (I don't mean 100% accurate, just there or thereabouts)?

Is that part of a brass chassis for it or have you got other plans?

Cheers,

mdhnn

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's as close as I could manage to 1/32. I didn't have the luxury of blueprint drawings and worked from front and side pics, so some error is inevidable. I initiallly messed up and built it in 1/35, then had to stretch the bed in all dimensions to compensate, while it was easier to build a new cab than use the old one.

That is the brass chassis, the four points at the top are the suspension mounts, note that this is an R/C car not a slot, though I could easily enough cast another body and build a slot car chassis. Would really need Carrera 1/24 track to run on though.

I'm in the early stages of building the Merc SL transporter too.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Love those Marathon Trucks!

Just stumbled across these paper fold up models of Paris Dakar vehicles:

Marathon Rally Paper Cutouts

They have the other classes represented, (along with the Kamaz's) on separate links at the bottom of this one. Here's the "king tiger" of the Kamaz range:

Kamaz

Haven't checked the scale (but they look too scale), but could be a bit of fun. With some patience, paper models can be extremely realistic - could put a few vac bodies in their place. Great source for decal scans if nothing else.

JT

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
"I have never seen at least 99% of those pictures!"

Hmm, right here on SlotForum...

Kind regards,

Russell

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is the actual truck I'm modelling, though I think the markings are slightly different, and the cargo section is not the same, different year maybe. Once the master (
) is done, I plan on casting a couple extras to turn into that tri-axle truck, which will actually open up and carry parts and tools in the back.

Then it's onto all the other Raid trucks. The other trucks are easier since I can cast the cabs then build the cargo boxes from styrene.

I did start laying out the decals but that site will still save me lots of time, I did choose a needlessly complex project to start off with...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts