SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
12,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With aero body by Erwin Komenda, the 60K10 was built for the proposed Berlin-Rome road race that was cancelled due the outbreak of WW2.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pace

Don't know why my pics turned into gibberish - a digital gremlin assisted by Dr Sodt at work somewhere.

Resin body for the 60K10 was made by Forum contributor, Frogeye, to whom I am very grateful. It's a car I've long regarded as the grail of Porsche collecting. Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
12,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just finished my second 60K10. I ought to have painted it in silver, but I only had BMW paint, and it didn't seem right to apply it to a Porsche. And I'm far too idle to go to Halfords to buy a Zuffenhausen shade.

Both cars sit on a PCS chassis with a 25k Mabuchi in the first car (left), and an 18k in the other. Wheels and tyres are from the Mitoos classic range. The engine in the foreground, incidentally, is a D-Type Auto-Union unit that saw service at the same time the 60K10 was built.

Thanks kindly for your interest.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Very nice models, Trisha (as always :) )

Reactions: Trisha

·
Registered
12,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finished building the third of a triumvirate of 60K10 Porsches today. All that remains is to paint the body in silver, and finish the usual details.

Paint! Another long trip to Halford's in gridlocked traffic tomorrow, therefore, and it's my guess that I'll receive a subpoena making it compulsory to stop at the local garden centre en route home.

Little wonder, therefore, that once again I wish to complain about absolutely everything.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Had a few laps with this 60K10 last evening. Obviously, it's new and needs to loosen up, but progress was satisfyingly normal. Then I switched the standard rubber for 'urethanes (all round), and started to make real progress around the mess that qualifies as my slotting facility.

I'd rather hoped to paint the bodyshell today, but the vagaries of capricious British summer weather have put paid to such a wild idea. Ah well, into coma mode for a morning at the garden centre then...

Attachments

·
Registered
12,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GDS

Many thanks for your kind comments. Porsche's 1939 60K10 has much greater aesthetic appeal in 'the flesh' than photographs often portray. Erwin Komenda's penmanship was often subtle, and even 'sub-subtle,' which has sometimes escaped the sympathy and understanding of those who are pleased to describe themselves as photographers.

By this, I don't in any way mean to denigrate the good work of lensfolk.

1 - 20 of 257 Posts