SlotForum banner
221 - 240 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
Years ago I'd have been painted purple and paraded around Abergavenny with a 'Kick Me Hard' sign dangling from my neck for painting this body in gold. And worse, it's Ford Arizona Gold. Indefensible inauthenticity, inexcusable heresy and vandalistic anarchy, no doubt. No doubt at all, so please be as condemnatory and rude as you like, and see fit.

Curiously - few are - I rather like it.
Car Wood Automotive design Beige Toy
Car Vehicle Wood Automotive design Automotive exterior
Wood Bag Luggage and bags Hardwood Fashion accessory
Wood Hardwood Flooring Jack plane Plywood

·
Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
Gosh, approval. Thank you, chaps. I expected to be wearing sackcloth and ashes by now. I painted the car in gold to go alongside my 1955 'Millionth' production Beetle. Now waiting for the paint to dry, of course.
Vehicle Art paint Mountain Ecoregion Paint

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Years ago I'd have been painted purple and paraded around Abergavenny with a 'Kick Me Hard' sign dangling from my neck for painting this body in gold. And worse, it's Ford Arizona Gold. Indefensible inauthenticity, inexcusable heresy and vandalistic anarchy, no doubt. No doubt at all, so please be as condemnatory and rude as you like, and see fit.

Curiously - few are - I rather like it. View attachment 293001 View attachment 293002 View attachment 293003 View attachment 293004
American skin eh? 😄
Well don’t worry Laurence could be worse, it could be FF2800 color (go google it😁), as long as Gandhi approves it will be ok 😉.

·
Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
Headlamps, rear lights and a few details attended to 'smorn. Nearly finished and looking well in my view. Now have to wait for glue to dry, and for a man to deliver and assemble Mrs Grumpy's new wardrobe. Mrs Grumpy greatly looking forward to this non-event. Unbelievable but true.

I'll just get on with re-reading The Three Bears whilst I wait - most impatiently.
Metal Fashion accessory Automotive design Leather Everyday carry
Car Vehicle Wheel Hood Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design
Motor vehicle Toy Automotive design Wood Hood

·
Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 ·
The gold 60K10 has now been screwed back together and is ready for its maiden laps on the Mess, apart from the need to allow transfers to dry. Could be a party later ( a working party, naturally) to celebrate, so I'll buzz awf for my daily bicycle ride, and look forward to lappery anon.

My thanks again to Frogeye for the superb bodyshell, and to everyone for your comments and interest. Thank you!
Motor vehicle Hood Toy Automotive design Car
Car Vehicle Hood Toy Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Hood Motor vehicle
Automotive lighting Car Vehicle Hood Bumper
Bumper Wood Font Automotive design Fashion accessory

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
They look very nice together Laurence and with the golden Vw van it’s a privateers Team ready to take on the track, congrats!👍🏼

221 - 240 of 257 Posts