241 - 257 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts

·
Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Red on gold, Mike? You might be right. Black an approvement? Probably.

Nick

Thank you. The car wasn't green originally but it was my intention to paint it in Jade Green to replicate it as it is today. Due to supply problems, I couldn't buy anything even remotely close, so... it's in a wholly inauthentic gold colour. Just enjoyed several more laps around the Mess. It's getting better and better, but is now in need of lubrication.

I enjoy all my Porsches on a regular basis. Lots more projects to build, of course. Lots more anon, therefore, I suppose. My thanks to you again.

·
Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
Lots more laps 'smorn as well, Chappyman. The new car goes like a dream, although not one of my dreams, as they always result in nightmares. I often wake up in fright after being pursued by enormous Hereford bulls, 'gators, giant pigs and similar.

Tyres now nicely bedded in, the motor is smooth and responsive and the tail can be drifted around corners. All exactly how I like slot cars, and their 1:1 counterparts, to be.

·
Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
Chappyman

Thank you for such kind comment. I've spent a lifetime studying and absorbing everything about the Porsche way of doing things, and it still fascinates me. It's been a long journey, and doing it all again with slot cars is an enormous and rejuvenating bonus.

I'm hoping that one day when Mrs Grumpy leaves on one of her trips to inspect the European continent - she likes to know that standards are maintained - that I can bring my collection out of hiding and post a few pics. Too dangerous at present but, as usual, hope springs eternal.

·
Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
A small point hardly worth mentioning, but until yesterday I'd forgotten to put the exhaust pipe on this car. It's the kind of detail that can, however, make a worthwhile difference, so it's now in place. As indicated in an earlier post it's made from a piece cut from one of the Porsche's axles.
Bumper Automotive exterior Material property Font Gadget
Brown Automotive design Motor vehicle Eyewear Art

·
Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
Another 60K10 to build in the very near future, but one with a difference. I recently saw a pic of a K10 online without its wheel spats and became anxiously mobile. Just have to do a slot version so I immediately got on to the dot.com machine to beg an additional shell from Frogeye, which he duly obliged.

Thanks, Michael. A most compelling project. More anon.
Wheel Musical instrument Motor vehicle Vehicle Wood
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

241 - 257 of 257 Posts