SlotForum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Below, a rare pic of the 356 prototype at Gmund, Austria, 1948. Just a month after the car had been built, Ferry Porsche's cousin, Herbert Kaes, took the car to victory in a minor road race near Innsbruck.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Slightly off-piste, a pic below of a 356 cabrio in 1964 running on a road alongside a few of Porsche's offices in Zuffenhausen. The same scene in the second photo shows that nothing has changed today, except that Porsche has achieved fame (at last) by having been awarded its own bus stop.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
A bus shelter is a local luxury, somewhere for teenagers to play on their phones, somewhere for a sneaky cigarette (honest dear, I quit smoking 2 months ago), it can also double as a urinal for the desperate.

It's even somewhere to stand or sit while you wait for a bus.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thought I would try out the new platform and add a few pictures of my build to Trisha's thread.

Here is the system for fitting the flat angled screen using a separate dashboard as the retainer. I hope that when the screen gets damaged I should be able to replace it relatively simply.

To get close to a full interior I used a narrow Penelope Pitlane chassis and slim can motor. The centre of the seat squab was filed down to the minimum. Door pockets were made form Milliput. Wheels, tyres and inserts are from Colin at RS slotracing.

Now it just needs a driver.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Another absolutely wonderful, beautifully executed, and finely-detailed car, Michael. Love it, and the photos, which remind me so much of the layout of the new Porsche Museum in Zuffenhausen.

I hope others also notice - and take note - that there's a... Beetle in there... and it's black.

Congratulations on the 356 prototype and my thanks again for mine!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Thought I would try out the new platform and add a few pictures of my build to Trisha's thread.

Here is the system for fitting the flat angled screen using a separate dashboard as the retainer. I hope that when the screen gets damaged I should be able to replace it relatively simply.

View attachment 275319

To get close to a full interior I used a narrow Penelope Pitlane chassis and slim can motor. The centre of the seat squab was filed down to the minimum. Door pockets were made form Milliput. Wheels, tyres and inserts are from Colin at RS slotracing.

Now it just needs a driver.

View attachment 275320

View attachment 275321

View attachment 275322

View attachment 275323

Thanks for looking.
The presentation boards add elegance and looks to any model, maybe a plastic cover would be good for protecting from dust.

Sorry had to edit it as I thought it was a model by Trisha hehehe. Ups!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Thats a beautiful Porsche Frogeye. Brilliant attention to detail. I like how you have fixed the dashboard and screen, a simple, effective and intelligent solution. Your display is superb. The Beetle looks amazing, I wasn't sure if you or Trisha built it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nice little collection, sir. They have been winning for many years now, up and down the classes.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts