SlotForum banner

1947/8 356 Prototype

10K views 81 replies 13 participants last post by  Trisha 
#1 ·
As a new chassis kit arrived by post today, I wasted no time in building it with a view to finishing this, the very first post War Porsche.

The beautiful, extremely high quality, resin body was designed and fashioned by Forum contributor, Frogeye, to whom I owe my most grateful thanks, for this car plugs another most important gap in my slot Porsche collection.

I suspect the car below might be only the second slot version of this car worldwide, so I feel very privileged to have it. Frogeye, of course, has the original. And... A very happy birthday to you, old chum!

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
Thank you, Mark, for your thoughtful advice and kind comment. Hadn't thought of tape, which I haven't got, bit I might be able to cut a thin piece off a transfer if I can find one in silver.

Forgot to mention above that I used a cocktail stick and paint to make five dots on the rear bulkhead. These represent the securing studs for the soft-top, and although I've never seen this car with its hood/soft-top erected, it has got one.

Attachments

#28 ·
Impatience and curiosity got the better of me. I just had to have several laps of the Mess, and to my delight, the 356 has exceeded all expectations. No teething probs, either. 'Twas perfect from the off.

The tyres give wonderful grip, but the tail can be pushed out of line at will which, in my world, is how I most enjoying slotting.

Attachments

#36 ·
Very difficult to see, and fiddly to apply, I found a thin strip from a silver transfer today to serve as the windscreen division, and can probably deem this car to be finished, therefore.
Hola Trisha,

Como este ya esta acabado, para otro coche... Aparte de la cinta adhesiva de calefactor que ya te han comentado, podrías haber utilizado una tira de aluminio de una lata de refresco. Doblada por la parte de arriba y encolada por dentro y por fuera, con lo que consigues un efecto 3D.

Hi Trisha,
As this one is already finished, for another car ... Apart from the heating tape that you have already been told about, you could have used an aluminum strip from a soda can. Folded at the top and glued inside and out, which gives you a 3D effect.

Frederic

#37 ·
Matthew

A truly great afternoon on the Mess. Can't tell you the pleasure... It was like reverting to childhood, except that Scalextric hadn't been invented when I was a boy. "I dunno, these youngsters these days..."

Frederic

Thanks for your sound advice. Love your new BRM. Looking forward to seeing it with numerals. Congrats. It looks superbly well.

#38 ·
This little 356 has astounded me during the weekend. Despite its short Wheelbase, narrow track and skinny tyres, it's completed hundreds of laps around the Mess without deslotting, and the same applies to the 60K10.

As a result I've decided to resign from the real world for good. All a bit too grown up for me.

Attachments

#48 ·
Thought I would try out the new platform and add a few pictures of my build to Trisha's thread.

Here is the system for fitting the flat angled screen using a separate dashboard as the retainer. I hope that when the screen gets damaged I should be able to replace it relatively simply.

To get close to a full interior I used a narrow Penelope Pitlane chassis and slim can motor. The centre of the seat squab was filed down to the minimum. Door pockets were made form Milliput. Wheels, tyres and inserts are from Colin at RS slotracing.

Now it just needs a driver.

Thanks for looking.

#50 ·
Thought I would try out the new platform and add a few pictures of my build to Trisha's thread.

Here is the system for fitting the flat angled screen using a separate dashboard as the retainer. I hope that when the screen gets damaged I should be able to replace it relatively simply.

View attachment 275319

To get close to a full interior I used a narrow Penelope Pitlane chassis and slim can motor. The centre of the seat squab was filed down to the minimum. Door pockets were made form Milliput. Wheels, tyres and inserts are from Colin at RS slotracing.

Now it just needs a driver.

View attachment 275320

View attachment 275321

View attachment 275322

View attachment 275323

Thanks for looking.
The presentation boards add elegance and looks to any model, maybe a plastic cover would be good for protecting from dust.

Sorry had to edit it as I thought it was a model by Trisha hehehe. Ups!

Cheers

#49 ·
Another absolutely wonderful, beautifully executed, and finely-detailed car, Michael. Love it, and the photos, which remind me so much of the layout of the new Porsche Museum in Zuffenhausen.

I hope others also notice - and take note - that there's a... Beetle in there... and it's black.

Congratulations on the 356 prototype and my thanks again for mine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.