SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No permanent circuit for me as I run a race on a track then break it up and build the next one.

So, no scenery, just ups and downs at my 1950 Monaco Grand Prix circuit:

Two home-made sections with copper rails; the rest is pure Scalextric but modified to have just one slot running down the centre of the road.

I race entirely alone, with a stop watch, so the single slot enables me to create double the number of corner radii.

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,214 Posts
thats a very good representation of the monaco track i think. especially the s bends and the tunnel

·
Administrator
9,909 Posts
That is very nice Barry - but if it's Monaco shouldn't it be next to the bathtub? Also, what car is that? Looks very fast... And I can only second the notion that your track is a very good representation of the Principality, but without the overpriced real estate and door to door tourists.

Good filming job too, whoever did it (although I often tell my wife not to take shots of me from angles where the top of the head can be seen)....

Don

·
mac pinches
2,154 Posts
Hi Barry, its good to see you are still running your races at home.
I remember when you brought those dozens of cars to Early Birds,
and you explained how and why you ran them, that was good
but to see your vidio is the icing on the cake, great stuff
best wishes .
Mac P

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Incidentally, trying to drive and hold the camera meant that these were very slow laps. As far as I can time them from the video, roughly 9.7, 9.5 and 9.3.

In my race, this car averaged 7.71 per lap for the entire 75 laps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts