Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Now we have a new section, thought I'd contribute by showing some work in progress. I've made a start on three builds, all have resin bodies cast from their metal die cast counterparts. As they are exact copies all the detail bits and chrome will be used from the donor cars...

Jaguar MKVII...

modified a SCX Compact Nascar chassis for this one, extended and the front trimmed..

Citroen DS19

Lancia Aurelia...

has a modified PP chassis with nylon pin guide. Hopefully more to show next weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Thanks guys, need some more work yet around the window openings and so on, here's the cars I'm hoping to do...

1952 MKVII

1956 DS19

1954 Aurelia

not sure on colours for the DS and Jag, may have to use a bit of artistic licence on those

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
What a great video, thanks for posting Lloyd, some great pointers on colours there, I have the Alfa Super Zagato to do and the 300SL, how good do they look in that video, great stuff

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,588 Posts
Wow, the 1:43 forum is going to be great - an emerging scale with lots of enthusiasm. Well done guys, I'm hooked.

Kind regards, Leo
ps nice Sunbeam Talbot in there Lloyd ;-)

·
Dave Capelen
2,766 Posts
Hi Marlon

Nice work, a bit more variety in this scale!

I've been looking into the possibility of producing 1/32 versions of these for next year, to add to the rally range we've started at SMK.Just at the research stage yet, but was trawling the net for old Monte photos and videos myself today.

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
303 Posts
Very nice cars!!!!!!!!!
I was glued to the mailbox in the late 50's, early 60's when I knew Sports Car Graphic would arrive with the story and pictures of the Monte.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
OK chaps here's an update, unfortunately I dropped the Aurelia on the concrete floor after accidentally slipping with the dremel too
so no update on that as I'll have to cast another body!!!....

Jag body is pretty much finished, side windows are held in with blue tack at the moment until I get the interior finished for it...

front headlight covers will go on once I've installed the lights!!

Citroen is also nearly finished, just need to get the interior together for it and fit the glass...

on both shells I re cut all the shut lines as the paint on diecasts seem to be pretty thick so these resin copies actually look a bit better than the originals in that sense. I'm working on a resin chassis to carry the motor, axles and guide with a view to adding some sort of rattle plate to it. Hopefully more to come at the weekend...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts