SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working on this one for ages, reckon I'll finish it soon, it's sitting on a stretched Scalextric Camaro chassis, Slot-it gears and PSR wheels, tyres and motor. Regards Jason

Vehicle Car Grille Hood Automotive tire

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Hood

Vehicle Car Hood Toy Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Computer hardware Font

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Nice one Jason, it would be good to see your collection of character vehicles in shots of related groups sometime,
Regards
Simon

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Excellent
thumbsup.gif
Which kit is the body from ?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheer's guys, thanks for the interest. Trevor, the car is built from an old Gunze Sangyo kit, they did quite a few blingy yank tanks. Kindest Regards Jason
thumbsup.gif

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Cheer's guys, thanks for the interest. Trevor, the car is built from an old Gunze Sangyo kit, they did quite a few blingy yank tanks. Kindest Regards Jason
thumbsup.gif
Thanks. Just had a look and there are a few Gunze Sangyo 1/32 on eBay

·
ParrotGod
9,856 Posts
Beautiful car Jason! I like also the work you did on the chassis.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheer's guys thanks for the interest, thanks for the pictures Dave, your chassis looks great, and fast, I don't think mine will be too fast. I'm not much of a chassis builder and it's this aspect which has slowed this project to the crawl it's been. I wanted to keep all of the interior, so I could either go front motor or sidewinder mounted behind the rear wheels, I remember Britfix gave it this treatment. After much thinking, chopping, sticking, chopping, thinking...I gave up and stretched the Camaro chassis, I'm going to loose a bit of the back seats, I'll make a disguise. I'll post some more pictures when I make progress. Kindest Regards Jason
thumbsup.gif

·
Electric model car driver
1,575 Posts
This is good, I like it and I like big. How long is it? My biggest is a Mercury Monterey Palmer kit, 179mm or 7", depending what side of the ruler is used.

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
A very nice build Jason and I love the figures, I am looking forward to seeing it finished.#

I have almost all the Gunze Sangyo kits in my "pending" pile but so far have only built the Nomad and the Thunderbird.

David

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Wobble, it's approx 180mm bumper to bumper, or 7" in old money, if I was to fit the chrome spare wheel carrier, I dunno, but for sure even bigger. David, it was picture's of your beautifully built Nomad that had me looking at these kits in the first place, I'd never heard of Gunze Sangyo before then, thanks, and thanks for the very kind compliment. Kindest Regards Jason
thumbsup.gif

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheer's Pace, I'm no expert, but yes, I'd say that was a Cadilac, looks like an Eldorado, thanks for the picture and kind compliment. Regards Jason
thumbsup.gif

Made some progress today, sanded down the kit wheels to make inserts, started thinking in earnest about how I'm going to cover the hole in the rear seats. Some picture's to show thought and wheels.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle Trunk

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheer's Rick, thanks for the picture of your lovely Caddy, and many, many thanks for the link to your build blogs, full of gems, the transformation of the MK2 Jag is phenomenal, your builds are inspiring.
clap.gif
Kindest Regards Jason
thumbsup.gif

·
Circuit Owner
5,926 Posts
Great build and fantastic characters. Have the Boss and Uncle Jesse got in cahoots?!?

Presumably you have some horns from an 'ornery steer to finish up the front end?

Love these sort of projects 😎

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cheer's Richard, thanks for the kind compliment, I have been thinking about the horns, I made one set but they was too modest, I hope this set may end up looking a bit better. Regards Jason
thumbsup.gif
Arthropod Insect Terrestrial plant Art Grass

Attachments

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finished the horns, fitted a deeper guide and wired the motor, sorted the body mounts, all fits together nice. Probably change the back seat disguise to crates with bottles at a later date. Fairly pleased with the end result, thanks for the interest and kind comments. Kindest Regards Jason
thumbsup.gif

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Tire

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

Vehicle Toy Gas Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

Light Camera lens Camera accessory Camera Cameras & optics

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts