SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helpppp!!

Have been casting about for something to build for the 1960's race but most of my old stuff from those old days got thrown out with a lot of my memory I guess.

I did find a box someone gave me, with other junk that had this in it, with a repop mold someone made of this Butrate body of this 1960's something or other. I can't seem to find a name for it or place it anywhere either.

The mold can be cleaned up a bit and I can pull some PETG bodies off it, that might work for the race if I can identify the body. I sprayed on a light, water based primer and outlined in pen a few of the details to help if possible to recognize it.

Anyone have any Ideas?????? Have a nice small chassis/motor that will work, with some incentive to get started.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

Yup, it is a back pour of a vac. 68 Indy Eagle, Ford version not the offy that Bobby Unser used to win the race with. There is footage of the cars in the Paul Newman movie "Winning".

The vac version was, originally from I think Lancer, but recently was sold by Booth as a "jimmy clark Lotus".

Fate

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That must be the animal all right. Thanks Guys.

Hard to find much on it so far. I did find a site that said after 67 Gurney gave up on the Westlake V-12 and went to this car with a Stock block Ford in it with intentions to do both F-1 and Indy with it. One with the stock block Ford and the other with the Indy Ford twin cammer. I guess the F-1part of the effort never got off the ground as he got involved heavily with Indy after that.

So I guess that puts paid to it's being a F-1 60's car race candidate as no Indy cars are allowed.

AcH well. I will build it up any way for my own use, it can be done up nicely I think, after I rework the mold a bit more. Maybe for Vegas next year.

·
Registered
686 Posts

Larry same as this but with exhaust pipes,
You can find excellent reference in a book called: 'Indianapolis Racing Memories, 1961-1969' by Dave Friedman, published by Motorbooks International.

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts