SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helpppp!!

Have been casting about for something to build for the 1960's race but most of my old stuff from those old days got thrown out with a lot of my memory I guess.

I did find a box someone gave me, with other junk that had this in it, with a repop mold someone made of this Butrate body of this 1960's something or other. I can't seem to find a name for it or place it anywhere either.

The mold can be cleaned up a bit and I can pull some PETG bodies off it, that might work for the race if I can identify the body. I sprayed on a light, water based primer and outlined in pen a few of the details to help if possible to recognize it.

Anyone have any Ideas?????? Have a nice small chassis/motor that will work, with some incentive to get started.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That must be the animal all right. Thanks Guys.

Hard to find much on it so far. I did find a site that said after 67 Gurney gave up on the Westlake V-12 and went to this car with a Stock block Ford in it with intentions to do both F-1 and Indy with it. One with the stock block Ford and the other with the Indy Ford twin cammer. I guess the F-1part of the effort never got off the ground as he got involved heavily with Indy after that.

So I guess that puts paid to it's being a F-1 60's car race candidate as no Indy cars are allowed.

AcH well. I will build it up any way for my own use, it can be done up nicely I think, after I rework the mold a bit more. Maybe for Vegas next year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts