SlotForum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Beautiful car! I love the blue color and am always impressed with your chassis work!

The Corvair is one of my favorites, and the inspiration for making my own back when I was doing 3D and resin casting. Needed them for my T/A field and made a Stinger, because I always wanted one!

I did two in true T/A liveries before the Stinger- that one I added the spoiler and cooling flaps to.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

Reactions: KK Racing

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Wow! Nice cars David!
thumbsup.gif
My Corvair doesn't even come close.

Nice modification to the rear roof posts of the white car to make it an accurate and true Stinger body.

Beautiful pic Lloyd! F1 rear tires on a Corvair. Who would have thought?

It's not far from being finished.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
8,125 Posts
A perfect contrast between body colour and wheels, Ken. Most interesting that this thread has brought so many other fab models out of the woodwork, too.

Looking forward to pics of the finished car. As usual.

·
Registered
8,125 Posts
PS

Just noticed that your last pic above - rear three-quarter view - shows the styling to have a passing resemblance to the VW Karmann-Ghia.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Interesting.

Presumably because it had a front radiator? Or was that one front engined?
Or he simply knew a guy that liked making louvres. You can usually tell who it is by looking as his child's lunchbox. If it too is covered in louvres? That's the guy.

Thank you very kindly, Laurence.
biggrin.png

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The car is completed. The chassis sits a bit lower at the guide than my others based on some good advice from a friend. (Thanks KK)

Being a fantasy livery. It seemed to me that number 65 fits a car from 1965. The driver? Don Yenko of course.
smile.png

Wheel Tire Car Automotive tire Vehicle

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Automotive design

Vehicle Car Grille Hood Automotive lighting

Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Car Hood

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Hood

Thank you very kindly for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,125 Posts
Another Abfab model, Ken. Colour, stance, gait and execution... well, to the standard we've come to expect.

The same shade would suit your Porsche 550 coupe, especially with highly polished wheels, but it's your car, your choice, of course.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thank you very much Laurence. You are too kind. I see a bunch of mistakes. I will try and correct these on the next Corvair.

Here's the Porsche 550 Coupe you speak of on the lower left side. It shows the first coat of paint and how it went on. Something close to the colour you wanted.

Green Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle Grass

I was not happy with the colour at all. I also decided to make a change in the class of car to unlimited motor. My eyes can't follow a fast dark car on a dark track. This next pic shows the new colour of the Porsche a few days later at the top left side, with a few more cars added.

Plant Sky Cloud Tree Water

My humble apologies Laurence. My Porsche 550 Coupe will now remain bright red.
smile.png

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
The Corvair looks great Ken. Your body seems to have the same slight depression in the roof. I though mine may have distorted over time, but perhaps it is in the original mould. Hope it runs well!

Mark

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks a million for the likes and positive comments!
smile.png

Mark. I got 2-kits at the same time. Both cars have a bit of a flat roof. It's the mold. Also, the rear valance panel with the grills had to be repositioned to sit in the right place, at the right angle.

Chuck. You sure made me laugh. I had to look back through the thread to see what the heck you were talking about.
biggrin.png
I made it a point to teach myself how to paint last summer. I failed miserably many times over before the "bouquet" looked presentable. That's why the 550 Porsche is red instead of blue.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts