SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2,220 Posts
We have a "stock car" class where you can run stock plastic, or a scratch built chassis. The limitations are a BWNC1 motor and 100g minimum weight. It keeps things relatively even. But the scratch chassis's win every time. I built this car for a friend. These bodies come pre-painted. Now I find myself looking for a Fairlane GT body. It grew on me while building it.
smile.png

That's lead on both the top and bottom of the chassis to meet the minimum weight. Ouch.

Automotive design Gas Electrical wiring Toy Audio equipment

Body sits nicely on the chassis. Interior is just a piece of card-stock taped in place.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Notchback

Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Driver is installed with the original roll-cage and fire-extinguisher.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Custom aluminum chassis. Sloting Plus roller bearings. RS Slot wheels. DArt tires and inserts. Professor Motor axles and wire. Slot It guide and braid.

Thank you very kindly for looking.

Wheel Product Toy Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Tread Automotive lighting Tire Vehicle

Attachments

· Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very kindly, Top Down, Trisha, and Kit.
smile.png

Al. I humbly apologize for the mistake. The wheels were given to me along with the rest of the parts for the build so I'm not exactly sure of the source. I guessed wrong.

· Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I chuckled at first when I was handed the 13 inch wheels. I figured out that slamming a car tends to hide a lot of things.

Could it be possible that these wheels are actually closer to scale than we realize?

· Premium Member
767 Posts
I chuckled at first when I was handed the 13 inch wheels. I figured out that slamming a car tends to hide a lot of things.

Could it be possible that these wheels are actually closer to scale than we realize?
Hi Ken, Al did a good job in scaling/producing his 15" and 13" wheels,..........the same dimensions are found on the later produced RSSlotracing 15" and 13" wheels.

Both 15's are accurate/scale for cars that actually ran on 15's, and the 13's are scale for cars that ran 13's.

Cheers

Chris Walker

· ParrotGod
12,513 Posts
Another excellent build. You said the bodies come pre-printed: do you mean the guy that you built it for already prepared the body? Or you can buy them with all ready to be mounted on a chassis?

· Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you kindly, Grunz.
smile.png

These were pre-painted RTR Carrera brand slot cars. Now with a scratch-built chassis. My friend took the plastic chassis off and handed me the bare body with the running parts.

· Jim Moyes
6,520 Posts
I think this may be a Revell/Monogram body. I don't think Carrera have done a Fairlane.

· Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oops. Mr M is correct. I humbly apologize. My newbie status has once again been uncovered. I've only been into slot cars since 2018.
innocent.gif

This was a very heavy Monogram body. I'll get the brands correct eventually.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.