SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
Hi

As EM can attest, I have a bunch of these cars... as the series is going to be mostly models of real tracks in plastic in my garage(or others), the ripper, I suggest is way too much.

I recommend motors of Rabbit class(or slot it V12/2 or Carrera or Evo3). As an absolute maximum.

One of the local tracks we will be using also has a class for 60s f1s. NOT VERY SCALE, these guys. But the lap record is held by a car with a Sharknose body(airfix..yeech, see what I mean about scale) with an NC1! His straights are only 7 feet on the main with a secondary 6 in a 60 foot length.

Most of the club members run some sort of current MRRC clubman,a nd they all beat this guy down the straight, but he kills them with driveability in the corner. I do not race with these guys(they have been having political problems), but am friends with the owner. I have a car that will run with him. It uses a stock RX41!. So, on that track, power is not the answer.

I have not really tried to dial something into his track. I did a little running with a lotus with a Rabbit in it...and it was fine. But my hotter motors are just undriveable there.

Now, there will be ONE fast track of 125' with monster straight. But the rest will be 12' straights and usually 50-60 feet.

Fate

· Registered
386 Posts
Hi

Fergy...you gotta accept that pure power isnt ALL the way to power. Given the number of hard long races we are planning...

I would consider that if you want to build a motor, think reliability!.

Howabout this: Take the SCX motor, shorten the can for a short stack S can stack. True the stack, epoxy down the com and true that. Do a custom wind of about 160/170 turns of 34(american) wire, 10degree timing. SCX endbell. Ball bearings all around.

Or better, get one of the new mini motors. The Beardog is only 6 bucks, pull apart and glue and true and rewind it to a hotter spec.

Fate

· Registered
386 Posts
Hi Fergy

I did get some great photos...but the photographer won't give them up!

Well, not really, Like I said, he drives a snowplow and we have been having an early WET winter.

We are being super SUPER careful to not hurt the cars. I am sure that the series may be a challenge...but so far so good. ( just as the guy who fell off the skyscraper was heard to say everytime he passed a window!)

Fate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.