SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
looking great so far Brian (y)
have stripped my car down , filled the headlight openings and rubbed everything down
skirt next
intend using light weight interior
undecided on brass or 3dp chassis
Hood Motor vehicle Blue Automotive design Toy

·
Registered
394 Posts
your way ahead of me m8
what you use for skirt ? looks the dogs !
what colour red ? the decals i have look like an orangey red ?

Kev

·
Registered
3,079 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
not John Morton? and I believe he was using the full cover helmet by then.
Just not sure about the wheels, but it’s probably because I like bigger wheels😉
I’ve ordered some more Immense Miniatures drivers heads. But if they don’t arrive in time for the proxy race, Jame’s head will have to do.

When I get the car back from the proxy I’ll change the wheels. But they need to be original for the proxy.

Brian

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I’ve ordered some more Immense Miniatures drivers heads. But if they don’t arrive in time for the proxy race, Jame’s head will have to do.

When I get the car back from the proxy I’ll change the wheels. But they need to be original for the proxy.

Brian
The car looks really good. I put some Scalextric Sierra wheels on mine as a quick fix and it greatly improves the look. Seeing yours, I need urgently to repaint mine!
Mike

·
Registered
394 Posts
quite pleased with current progress Brian , thankyou for the idea
base white and masking Computer desk Output device Automotive design Table Audio equipment

ford red applied Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood

decals applied Tire Vehicle Wheel Hood Automotive tire

bumpers re-chromed and grill blacked , will use only front and rear windows , light weight interior and 3dp inline podded chassis
wheels , motor , gearing ?

Kev

·
Registered
394 Posts
Bumpers re-chromed? How?

Molotow liquid chrome pen .

Reactions: Brian George

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
3,079 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
The original Z-car rules ! I had a full size one over 20 years ago, worked the L-series motor to the limit, went as far as importing an OS Giken 24 valve twin-cam cross-flow head from Japan for a five-figure sum... yes ! FOR A L SERIES ENGINE !! this engine ran a triple 48mm Weber carb setup... but eventually made way for a 383 Chevy small block stroker mated to a 5 speed Tremec and a Jaguar IRS diff. I'd eventually sold the Z and replaced it with my current R33 Skyline... but I've always loved my Datsuns/ Nissan's.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I was always been fond of the Z Scarab. I worked on a few over the years. I find the additional lines complimentary, although arguably, most are perpendicular to the classic Z shape/styling.

In H0, Cox and then AMRAC produced a handful of choices, which far exceeded the AFX and Tyco offerings IMHO. Over the years I collected a few of them, which only get parade laps. They have peel n stick liveries.

I saved this boot stomped version from a junk lot just to have a fun runner.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts