SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my plan
is to build a 1970 Ferrari 312B F1 using a Classic fiberglass shell as a foundation for Prof. Fate's F1 proxy. I'd like to build Mario Andretti's #6 car, but I can't seem to find suitable decals in 1/32 scale.

I have pictures of the 1:1 car but I haven't posted them to my photobucket album yet.

Is anyone aware of where I might be able to purchase some decals for this car? I may try to create the decals myself, but I'd prefer an existing set.

Thanks for any assistance!
Steve

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Well Done Steve...Nice to see another victim joining the fray.

Can't help with the decals, but have you tried Bruce Patterson at Patto's or Iceman?....If you have pictures of the car you want to build they may be able to help. Also try Gary at MRE he makes some great decals and also may be able to assist.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, first things first, I just realized my initial information was faulty.
Unfortunately, Mario didn't drive the #6 car in 1970.
Hmmm... He drove the car in 1971 instead. Oh well, not much changed in the 312B between '70 and '71, so I'll still build it. But, because of the discrepancy, I doubt I could still enter it in the proxy, correct?
Maybe I'll post this question on the proxy thread.

Thanks Alan for the tips. Yep, I've visited Pattos and I can't seem to find an appropriate decal sheet. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

I'll contact Iceman and perhaps another great U.S. decal maker -- radical decals. Maybe he can custom make a set for me.

Thanks again,
Steve

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Steve - The two decal sets from Patto that appear to give you most of the decals for the 312B are the set for the 312PB and the 312B and Hesketh. Hope the slotcar turns out well it's a great car and another of my favourites.

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts