SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was looking to give my 1970's F1 cars a bit more grip without resorting to gluing a magnet on them and I was wondering if anyone has tried the Scalextric Car Restorations High and/or MAX grip tyres?

Link for tyres

Many thanks for any thoughts,

Philip

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Hi Philip

I have bought a lot of the high grip tyres in the past. Not the max grip though.

I could be SOOOOO wrong but was honestly under the impression that these are exactly the same as the Ortman tyres...... Maybe someone can put me right.

I've also bought Ortman tryres via RS slotracing and they seem to be the same so i'm not sure if they are actually the same or if Car restorations actually make their own with a similar material.

As I understand it and again I can be wrong, HIGH means urethane and MAX means Silicone.

Not sure if i've made more questions than answers.....

Andi

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
I`ve never had any cause to complain about these tyres Philip. But I tend to use Ortmanns from RSSlotracing, only because of the wider range of tyres they produce.
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I shall maybe go for the Ortmanns.....after I have tried a set of WASP tyres. If they are OK I will go with them as they are made in the UK, are cheaper and Wayne seems like a nice bloke!!!

Cheers,
Philip

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
Great advice here. When restoring these cars what do you do for front tyres?

·
Premium Member
2,966 Posts
QUOTE When restoring these cars what do you do for front tyres?
Ortmann do these tyres.
37 is the slick.
37c is the ribbed version.
I like using Ortmann tyres on the front as they never seem to pick up rubber from the track, unlike some other tyres.
Cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.