SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Alan Tadd
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for either a resin or fibreglass shell of the following 1976 Le Man cars:-

Mirage GR8
De Cadenet Lola T380 LM
Inaltera GT

Anyone have a clue if they are available?.

I know Patto's makes a Lexan Inaltera but it's a 2.5" BCRA type shell, which doesn't look much like the real car.

Regards

Alan

PS. Any Livery details would also be handy.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Hi Alan

I think that the only 1/32nd Gulf GR8 made was a rather crude version by Troby.

Betta make all the bodies you have listed and they are available in 30 thou white styrene, but as with the Patto bodies, they are all 64mm wide and slightly flattened for BSCRA racing.

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
A real disgusting model if I'm allowed to say ...

The Mirage is worth a proper release. Did anyone notice that with this body you can make two liveries from Le Mans 1975, two from Le Mans 1976 and two from Le Mans 1977 (just need to add an air intake on the rear bonnet) ?

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
QUOTE A real disgusting model if I'm allowed to say

I'd be disgusted if you DIDN'T say it!

QUOTE The Mirage is worth a proper release

I totally agree. The car is visually appealing and has enough history to warrant making a decent model of it. It would be a great addition to cars of the era.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Excuse for the pictures of these ugly cars, but it's the best GR8 we have at the moment!!!!!!!!!

The Mirage GR8 is a MUST as slot car. Not only his appearance but especially his historical value. It was John Wyer's (manager JWA - Gulf Racing) last and very big performance. In 1975 he put al his energy (and he had a lot) in just one race: the twenty four hours off Le Mans………..

First place: Gulf Mirage - Bell / Ickx
Third place: Gulf Mirage - Schuppan / Jaussaud

What a lovely car would this be to have on the slot track. And a few Porches Carrera RSR (five in the top 10 in 1975!!!) as the opposite party.

Next Christmas? Fly? Vanquish? Spirit? Why not Scalextric?

Gerard

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
QUOTE Fly? Vanquish? Spirit? Why not Scalextric?

Personally, I don't care WHO makes it!
If they build a decent model, I'll buy it! I LOVE the sports racing cars of the the 60's and 70's!
Mirage... Ferrari... Ford... Matra... Porsche.... so much history... so few dollars.... but I'll find a way!

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
QUOTE it has to be better than the Troby

No argument!!
Besides, we now know who has a razor saw and can fix the problem anyway!

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Not a lot has changed....

Derek Bell in the 1975 Le Mans winning Gulf GR8:

19 years later, Derek Bell at Le Mans in the Gulf Kremer-Porsche 962K8 LMP:

Rob Soutar won a competition run by Pendle Slot Racing a few years ago with a beautifully modified Fly Joest Porsche, that he converted to represent the Gulf Kremer-Porsche. Perhaps Sean could post a picture of it? Rob sent me the drawing below:

Apologies for taking this thread off topic...

Happy New Year everyone!

Kind regards

Russell

1 - 14 of 14 Posts