Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I have completed a scratchbuilt Ferrari 312T4 with the assistance of INDYCALS.

Feel free to have a look at my FACEBOOK photoalbum shot of the T4.

Have a look and tell me what you think.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks.

Quite simple really.

It started life as a 30 year old + Scaley 312T3 with a Johnson motor.

Obviously the body and chassis have been heavily chopped around, but the most significant factor is lowering the front end and hence the centre of gravity, which has totally transformed the handling.

Its pretty quick too, with a 25ohm controller I've managed to get the car to within 0.8 of the overall lap record at Bearwood Raceway.

With a more modern engine I reckon I could set new lap records with it but we at Bearwood Scalextric club are setting up a new championship class for classic Johnson Scaley cars.

We've had a couple of trial races using these old cars and we've had an absolute ball racing them. Whats more you canb be competitive in the class with a car costing as little as £5!

I'll be using the T4 in the championship this year as it rarely deslots and goes like stink!

I looks lovely too!

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Nice work Ian.

BTW: You don't need 'permissions' to publish pics here. Just upload them to a free image hosting site (eg: photobucket, image shack, etc) then post the hosting url's here surrounded by image tags ({img} and {/img} - where square brackets substitute for the curly ones). Then Bob's your mother's brother. And it's easier for us to see the photos of your work, particularly we who are in no way, shape or form interested in Facebook.

It's easy.

Embs

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Yeah. ok. Better. But if you're using Photobucket try the IMG Code at the bottom of where it says Share this photo

Like this
CODE

Which displays as:

Embs

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Ah that's great Ian. Like Embs says not everyone does social networking....

Well back to the car. The T4 is a car that the slot world forgot apart from that tiny Polistil version. Despite winning the championship it was called 'il pantofolo' by the Italian Tifosi which means the slipper!

It certainly deserves to be made and you've done a great job. Can we see any photos of the body build to see what you did?

I for one would be interested since unless someone builds one i'm going to have to do one myself.

Cheers

Andi

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Andi

Sorry but I didn't take any pictures during the build stages.

Suffice to say it was a heavily chopped T3 as a donor car, some Milliput, Plastic card and lots of time and love.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts