Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all those that turn up to support this event, (due to family problems had to duck out), and I hope that you all had a good days racing,
Special thanks to Roland and Nic, for thier help, (some of you may know that Roland has been very ill recently, so it was very nice to see him).
It was very good to see a few new faces and the lads from slough digital club as much an eye opener to them as digital would be to us racing analogue. More info will follow when I have been through the paper work.
Regards
Zen

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Thanks to Ken, Nic and Roly for hosting the event

Good also to see Roly up and about

Good days racing. Close between the top 2 all day with only a lap between them with half and hour to go.
With Eastcote1 managing to pull out a 7? lap lead before the checkered flag.
We (OXON) had a good battle early on with Eastcote2 but by half distance managed to breakaway from them and pull away.
Well done to ASSC who normally race, all in the same lane with magnets and cross-overs

They had trouble with their own car quite early on which was retired (A/V Pug 908) and replace with a loaner (Spirit Dellara)
This also suffered a few teething problems but they stuck at it and where improving throughout the day

Hope you enjoyed it and look forward to seeing you soon at another event

Thanks to all that attended and hope we can do again some time

John

Results
1st, Eastcote1 SCX Pro R8
2ND MHSC SCX ProR8
3rd OXON SCX Pro R8
4th Eastcote2 SCX ProR8
5th ASSC, A/v PEUGEOT 908/Spirit Dellara

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Lee,
we did try others as well in practice, Fly Lola, S/A Radical, Sloter Zytec, Spirit Dellara but as the saying goes
"if you cant bet them join them" Radical goes well around MHSC but wasn't quite up to the pace of the Pro R8's
Shame that Moseley didn't enter a team, only up the road as such. Knowing you lot would of been 3 way battle for the win

John

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
People were busy this weekend , josh is on holiday and Julian had to work I believe

·
Registered
308 Posts
A very enjoyable event, well done to Ken and Nic for organising it. Unfortunately I wasnt fit enough to Race but Eastcote won without me!
It was a Sloter Zytec that I lent to ASSC. Very similar in performance to the Dallara but doesnt handle like an Audi.

Laps completed by each team as follows:

Eastcote 1. 2643
MHSC. 2633
Oxon. 2514
Eastcote 2. 2384
ASSC. 1956

Looking forward to Essex 24hr now, Should be fit to race then!

Roly

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
I have been working through the pictures.

I took over 1500 on the day and have 650 left to go through but here are the 150 I've not deleted so far, most will have the cars too small unless looking at the full 22mb image but let me know if you want any and I will send you the file or put them on an ftp server.

You will notice that my teams car (the avant pug 908 and the zytek appear more frequently, that's because it was the slowest moving cat ;-)

Anyway, enjoy and thanks for a great day.

Charity Race Photos

p.s. I will be working on the last ones which will simply appear in this set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts