SlotForum banner

1st new car in 40 years...

4K views 46 replies 11 participants last post by  RichD 
Seeing as I have just got back into the hobby thought I would purchase a new scalextric car and see what the difference 40 years makes..
Bought a Lotus evora from scalextric. Am absolutely shocked at how quick this thing is compared to the cars that were available when I was a kid.
Granted I have left the magnet in so sticks like glue to the track.Not convinced that magnets are good as it takes the skill required to turn a fast lap and makes it pretty simple to do.
Still think I prefer my old cars from the 80s as to me they seem to make you work for fast laps as opposed to this new car which is so simple to go rapidly round the track.
Don't mind me just putting my thoughts into words ...how do the rest of you guys feel about new verses old ? View attachment 287164 View attachment 287164
Just like 1:1 cars, the modern beats the old, with exceptions of course, go to the nearest shop or on line and buy any Group C car from Slot it, then answer yourself…with or without magnet btw😉

Gio is right about Gt Cars, they are awesome (both in 1:1 and slot cars), so perhaps I have another suggestion besides the Slot it Group C car and that’s the Lambo Huracan by Sideways, a beautiful fast yet with supberb handling slot car, a must for any slot car fan, whether newbie or seasoned driver, my fav car of the last two years and a half…

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.