SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again,

Ive finally got the middle lane on my 1st perminant track working today, and im loving it!!

This track is in my garage and mounted on a hinged base which fixed to the wall so I can still get the car in there. There were a few minor problems on the way bit everything came together ok. Ive still got loads to do to get it looking good but it races well and having loads of fun.

Heres a few progress pics:

Cheers for all the inspiration from other members and their tracks. all C&C welcome.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about the 1st post being not very descriptive I was in a rush and really wanted to show off my creation. lol. Cheers for all the comments people.

QUOTE (Mark0 @ 27 May 2008, 21:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very nice. I'd love to see even more pix (and maybe a layout plan). It looks pretty big, how big is it?

Bests.

I didnt actually have a plan on paper it was all in my head, so was a bit of the cuff so to speak. The overall dimensions are 5x12 feet but ive no idea of the lane lengths, I tried to keep them as close to the same as possible by adding a bridge crossover.

As its throwing it down again I will get some better pics up today when ive finished a few more things.

QUOTE (knoath @ 27 May 2008, 22:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Some air time over that bridge?
Layout looks good, what's the track surface, what power supply are you using?

Yeah, lol. have lost a few cars over the edge when attacking it a bit fast, thats been the hardest part to try and master and cars have very different characteristics over it. The track is just gloss paint from a local DIY store, I know its probably not the best but grip levels are ok. As for the power supply I am just using Scalextric Sport.

Thanks agsin, Rob

·
Registered
142 Posts
A few more pics, sorry its camera phone again. As you can see im only using the bomb proof cars as there is no edge at present.

This is where I had to create a squeeze to avoid the track rising to the fly over. A little error on my part but still works well. I have made it so sections can be removed and changed so this will probably be the 1st change when everything else is done.

Hope you like it, Rob

·
Registered
142 Posts
QUOTE (capullio @ 1 Jun 2008, 17:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hello witness did you make the track yourself the actual pieces?

Yeah, all routed out by myself. In the 1st post there is a pic of the router. The reason they are all relativley small sections is that I have a saloon car and could only fit 2x4 foot pieces in, but this will allow the track to be re-used and changed at a later date.

How many power taps should I use per lane? plan size is 12x5 but no idea of lane lengths. Currently I only have one and dont think this will do long term.

Rob

·
Registered
142 Posts
Holy thread revival Batman!!

This is the end of my track, got it down after 1 year of not being used gave it a clean and after 100 or so laps with the cars its running well again, shame I have to move house.
lol

And a final vid.
Edit: Cant seem to get it to work but if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

The new house has a great loft space so you can imagine what my next plans are.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.