SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any 2011 club legal chassis with any closed wheel body that uses the stock fittings.

Well I know what I'm running, a LifeLike T

Don't forget the other chassis' that can be run this year are Tomy SRT, Tomy SG+ (with original rubber tyres), Tyco 440X2, Life Like M, no mods at all except for silicone tyres in all chassis' except SG+ that has to have the original rubber type

You can use any closed wheel body whether it's a sports protoytpe or pickup, it doesn't matter

Start time about 7pm and finish around 10pm

this is the new track...

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well as Doug said that we could even run a pick up if we wanted, I bought one specially

Obviously if it's not competitive I'll have to have a rethink

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With the first race on this track over, it was nice to see a few changes

It was an easy yet testing track and felt a lot smaller than it looks like in the plan, barely having chance to get up to top speed before the need to slow down for the corner.
It was also nice, after 1/2 a year of "Super G Plus only" racing to get some different chassis together with a nice selection of the old trusted SG+, the SRT and the LifeLike T.

It would seem that know one could get their Lifelikes working except me and it quite easily took pole position, with the above pick up body.
Second lane choice went to Andy who took yellow lane as I had taken Red, although I didn't really like the red lane I knew the others did, so took it so they couldn't. I think Andy was running a SG+.
The blue lane was chosen by ken, who I believe was running a very quick SRT.
Steve won the C final, then won the B final before staying in the same lane, the green, for the A final.

On first bend i had a big off and the others got a good half a lap lead, a few more mistakes while trying to catch and I was soon a lap behind the leader at that time, Andy. It was Andy's turn to have a few off's, which is very unusual for him, and before long I'd got a lap on him. at this point I decided to slow down and not take too many risks and stayed at a constant pace to Andy for a few laps until he went off again, gifting me a bout a lap and a half lead which i kept to the end. I believe third place went to Ken and fourth to Steve but I wasn't really watching them two so I'm not 100% sure.

Although no one actually said it, I did get the vibes that some of the drivers liked racing a Lifelike that was so quick, although I do believe as they say the proof of the pudding is in the eating, I think if some of the drivers who don't want to run lifelikes, spent more time setting up the SRT, it would be equally as quick, there's nothing I can do to make the Lifelike go quicker (nothing legal anyway), but I think the SRT can be made to go quicker

·
Registered
612 Posts
This is only my 3rd A final win at CHORC and each time it has been with a LL against either SRT or SG+, this time I think it raised a few eyebrows because it was stupidly quick, I had a job controlling it on the more powerful red lane, but like I said if I'd not taken red then someone else would have

1 - 5 of 5 Posts