SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Back again and after my original test I have nearly completd my new routed track, I went with the final layout from my original post:
http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28568
I am trying to keep the new one simple as the space is quite tight and I'm new to track building. I have a few little snags from slight lack of space on the outer lane and corners that are a little tight but generally great. Hope you like:

Thanks for all the influence from other members, I'm sure I will build an elevated track at a later date or a special rally stage. Any Ideas of how I can give some scenery and depth to the small spaces in the corners?

Wit

·
Registered
715 Posts
Looking good! Nice, clean and professional.

When I had my 4x8 I used the corners for scenery. Imagin if you layed down a square sheet of paper, then you placed a circle in the middle which touched all four edges. What you would see is four corners with rounded, inner edges. Cut the circle out of the page and you will have those "corner" pieces.

You can make small diaromas on those corners including a little grass, dirt, twigs, rocks, tires, people and put them on the very corners of the track, giving the cars room to tail slide. You could then cut a 2-3" high, x-foot long strip of plastic/rubber/etc. to serve as a wall in between your diaroma corners. Put an STP logo or two and it will look great on your layout. I think you can visualize it.

Nice job on the track, it looks challenging.

-M

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the feedback.

Think I will do as you suggest with minimal landacaping in the corners and some people for depth and marshalls near the shicane area with maybe a broken down car.

Cheers Wit,

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi. Little update on things so far with scenery, people and some lighting.

Even tho I really like using the track and ive not quite finished it I already have a final plan for a new project. Cant believe how addictive if can be.

Thanks, Wit

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again for the positive feedback.

Jeremy
Heres some images of the grass I used it's made by a company caled Jarvis and it was No12, thing is tho Its from a really oldschool shop and I bet you cant buy it anymore. To apply it I liberally spred on some green waterbased paint than sprinkled the grass over it, when dried brushed the execss off and re-used it elswhere. Dont know if this is the correct way to use it but is was economical to do and i have 2 bags from 3 left over my next project.

Heres A pic of my next project. All comments and advice welcomed.

Ive designed this one to be sectional for storage and so it can be expanded at a later date when time and funds allow.

Thanks, Wit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.