SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
redstar
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since their was some interest in sanwa slotcars i thought i would add 2 other sets for you.the 1st is what i think is the last set sanwa made.it has 2 aston martins in 1/32 scale.these cars are more sophisticated(in relative terms) than the other cars i presented earlier.notice the weight in the back,the better motor,gears,pickups,etc.ive never seen another 1/32 set like this.the other set is a rare ho set containing 2 plymouth valiants.these cars were also made by toyko plamo,but while the bodies were the same the chassis & motor were totally different.thanks,bernard

·
Stranger Things 2
575 Posts
Wondefull sets again Bernard. Full of charm, and again wonderous art work on the boxes.

Those HO cars are just about ALL motor , that's what I call a low centre of gravity.

Also noticed that the hand controls in both sets are the same as used on early Japanese remote control robots .... for some reason I keep thinking robots are something else Sanwa made, let me check my books.

·
Stranger Things 2
575 Posts
Closest I can find, in my reference books anyway, is this: Rocket Man Robot / 1960's / BANDAI Japan.

Similar remote control unit ... most robots had something specicfic made, wether it be in shape or buttons for functions.

Sorry for hijacking your thread slightly Bernard, and talking about tin robots. I just find the history of toy campanys, and the possible conections with other companys, quite interesting.

Cheers, Michael

·
Administrator
9,909 Posts
Don't apologize Mirrorman, that's actually a fascinating point!

Bernard, those Aston-Martins are going to make a couple friends of mine very jealous!

In fact the chassis look very similar to the early Eldon cars, ca 1961, and that weight in back is pretty much identical!

Hmm...

Don

·
redstar
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi michael,no problem,i find the subject interesting as well.like the post i did earlier on the 1st lincoln slot car set from hong kong.the controllers were made by the seal flash light company.thanks,bernard

·
Stranger Things 2
575 Posts
I've done a little more research on SANWA in my limited reference library... here's what I found:

QUOTE Sanwa and Tokyo Plamo were two logos used by the same company. All production ended in the mid- 1960's

Tokyo Plamo
2-17 Kuramai, Asakusa
Daito-ku, Tokyo
JAPAN

That quote came from: In Plastic - Scince Fiction and Figure Kits

There is another book I have on plastic kits which also states the same thing about Tokyo Plamo and Sanwa being logos used by the same company.

Anyway, sorry Bernard for leading this thread in another direction again ... this Sanwa thing for some reason is a nut I just have to crack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts