Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
redstar
1,571 Posts
Hi,

Here's another example of a Hong Kong company copying another maker, in this case Doyusha of Japan.
I have included photos of a Doyusha go-kart still in the box (red). It has metal gears & wheels and an adjustable brass chassis. It also came with a more powerful motor. It never came in a set.

The Speedtrax go-kart (blue) has a plastic gear, a back axle that snapped into the body and a metal chassis, but a weaker motor. It only came in a set, which even had little plastic trees!

Hope you enjoy the photos.
Bernard

·
Administrator
9,651 Posts
Hmm, I could have sworn that I replied to this already, but maybe it was in my dreams!

Very nice stuff Bernard! Parts of that Speedtrax cart look very similar to the 1/24 OK Kadar chassis - did you notice that, or am I dreaming again?

I wonder how widely the Hong Kong stuff was distributed? It must have been purely in K-Mart type discount stores, and not at all through hobby shops... Lots of the little cars still around, but very little of the bigger 1/32 and 1/24 models... and I've never heard of this kart! In fact, any relation between Speedtrax and Speed King? (was that the name of the other major HK manufacturer?).

Don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts