SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up mine today.
Looks good and at 76 pages probably the biggest yet with the new Lister on the front (and back).
Most of you will probably have read about the new range elsewhere but I have picked out the following points for those who may not see a catalogue for a while.

No pics of MotoGP actual models only the real bikes. Mention of dedicated website www.scalextricmotogp.com but it is not up and running yet when I checked. Also mentions catalogues dedicated to the bikes, digital, and Sportworld.
4 to collect at least then this year!

Also mention of new Sport Performance Parts with more to be added.

Looks as though S&H Torino will have flashing roof light to race against black Corvette.

Pit men look realistic but only white and blue are listed in the price list but yellow and red are shown in the catalogue. Looks as though the pit crew with Dallara car will be the best bet @ £20 as the 8 man crew (fuel or wheel) is listed @ £10 on their own.

The new Elevated crossover is included in a couple of the X-treme racing sets which highlight impact points in the sets for those who like the contact part of racing shall we say.

Classic track is not listed in the price list but still makes it in the catalogue I suspect for the last year now.

Hope that is of interest.

CB

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not much you don't know already I guess, but noticed that the "The Sun" livery with "Sport" Subura Impreza is due for release Q1, the Ford GT C2570 is in white with black stripes and C2566 Corvette is White with red sides but also a cabriolet.

CB

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
The new Sun livery Subarooooo is awesome looking. It`s not out yet but Adrian sent me one as a prize for Phoenix end of year. A young lad called Stevie S (no relation) won it. He was well chuffed. He`s our top Saturday Young racer this year. Pics and details on way to Adrian for Racer etc.

On the subject of kids, respect please. They don`t all want to just crash (check out digital thread) this young man raced as part of a team in the Phoenix 24 hour race!
You wouldn`t want to race magnet cars against him!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Talking of RACER - the last issue was gr8 and a big improvement (a bit off topic, but scaly catalogues - i guess not too far off)

wd scalextric!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update to catalogue already! Posted today on Scalextric web site :-

CATALOGUE ADDENDUM

Story Posted: 16/01/2004

The Audi A4 2004 (numbers C2592 & C2593 plus A versions) on pages 24 & 25 of the catalogue will not be produced. The C numbers will instead be reallocated to another new car which will be announced shortly.
Our apologies are extended to Audi AG and to all of our customers.

CB

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Amendments are not all that unusual - the dropped Jag F1 was a bit of a dissapointment last year.
Good on Scalextric for being on the ball and getting the info out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts