SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi all,

Was just about to put finger to button to ask for some results and hey presto here they are.

Well what can I say, my first race (touring cars) was my best ever time and I only just missed breaking my 19 lap distance duck
and having won the first race couldn't believe it when I was 6th overall! I thought if it carries on like this I'm going to be one
happy bunny, race 2 was almost as fast as the first and race 3 was ok, come race 4 DISASTER! on BLACK aargh! the car started to fly (excuse the pun) it just decided to keep lifting the front end everywhere - is there more volts on black? race 5 was thankfully back to normal and last race I won again, however the damage was done and I was last but one.

Robert.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Good that you enjoyed your racing, but as you can see from the results, it's close racing. One or two offs will take you down the field, staying in is the key.
I had a good night although mayhem was all around me
but was lucky, didn't have an off all night, car wasn't quick but was very stable on all the lanes.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi All,

Wow! I had a brilliant nights racing (Le Mans - despite what the heading says), I broke several personal records, well shattered actually but finally everything came together.

It was the first time I'd actually raced the Corvette with my Tru-Speed controller (recently returned from Steve Hills), my first race broke the 19 lap barrier, 4 out of remaining 5 races were all past 19 laps! my 18.89 on black lane was miles quicker than I'd ever managed before (my bogey lane), had Jnoo not been in my heat I'd have won all 6 races!! I didn't expect to challenge him let alone beat him - well the odd trip up's did help, in fact the last race I think I was leading fair and square going for 20 laps when I came off twice but my time equalled my fastest of the night on either green or yellow when I didn't come off.

My fastest lap/s were consecutive 7.30's so I'm told, quicker than I'd previously managed in either race or practice, in practice
after I got down to 7.25!!, from memory the previous quickest nights total I'd got was a shade over 107 laps (t/c's) I shattered this with over 115 laps and ended up not that far away from Tony!!.

I've still got a few things I want to do to the Corvette (Ultragrips for a start) so can't wait for next Le Mans night, oh' b4 I forget
many thanks to Rob, Gaz and Shaun for tips on set up for the Vette.

Robert.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Many thanks Dave for updating the results pages, I do refer to them quite a lot.

I had to look twice at the Touring Car results, didn't think I'd done that well with the BeEm, just a whisker short of a total of
110 laps for the evening, It'll be a shame to pension it off if my New a/w's are much quicker although may be I could prep
one car for Black lane and one car for the remaining lanes.

I didn't do Ninco a/w (we had to have Candy, our cat) put to sleep that evening and Margaret was extremely upset.

I think Poli Porsche was next, I have to thank Razor for giving me one of his cars (I was a bit taken aback by his gesture)
obviously the car was in need of a few parts and the motor needed a good squirt of Isopropyl Alcohol to get it to run ok, so
with new bearings, gear, guide plus wheels borrowed from my new Megane and a pair of new Ultagrips (glued only) off it
went, I reckoned if first time out I could do 17.50's (105 total) I'd be happy, in the end the total was just over 103 for the
evening, once I've got the rubber sorted out it should hopefully go much better.

First evening for Classics I was thoroughly fed up or worse and resorted to running outside of the rules, with glued P6's on
the GT40 I started enjoying myself. After getting home I stripped my NSR Porsche 917 down, cleaned it up and put it back
in its box (for good).

I had virtually decided not to come for Rally but was then told we were having another Classics evening to make up for the
snowed off one, still wasn't really interested after the previous week but relented, a good job I changed my mind because
after fitting some new F22's from Shaun I had a terrific nights racing and finished 8th, my highest ever placing.

Somewhere along the line I also came along for Super 4x4 but used the evening for testing everything but (didn't have
anything suitable) have since purchased a. Ninco Renault Megane but may instead use it for TC, I was thrilled to bits with
it on its first run and still with some more work to do on it.

And so to the other evening for Le Mans (was really looking forward to this after the previous Le Mans eve'g) however
despite being moved out of the novice? class I just couldn't emulate its previous performance, this time the front end of
the Vette had decided it didn't want to stay there - I had been oiling the rear tyres even more so and just assumed it had
a lot more rear end grip - got so fed up I used my Fly Porsche for a couple of races and set my fastest time with it.

Robert.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts