SlotForum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Premium Member
404 Posts
QUOTE Special mention for the BLST track and David Caille's unbounded enthusiasm, especially having to deal with all the alien accents and people thrashing his cars. I was suitably admonished for nerfing and I now realise that you need hang back a bit to take advantage of the overtaking system. The track flows really well and you can concentrate on the fine control of the throttle without having to worry about lane change buttons.

Thanks Chris99, It was a real pleasure to meet all of you. And sorry for the "suitably admonished" espacialy if I didn't talked about it before the race.

Dav

· Registered
383 Posts
All the above - big WELL DONE - my third time and wouldn't miss it for the world!

Loved your BLST track David - Thanks for letting us play
Great new stuff from David at Slot Track Scenics - wallet lighter after that visit!
Great to meet up and chat with the Worthing Slot Club Guys (down the road from me) - we will come and have a go on your club track for sure.

A fantastic effort from the organisers - thank you

Best Regards,

Chris

· Premium Member
10,492 Posts
Any news on the foot-fall over the two days of the event??

· Premium Member
3,814 Posts
QUOTE (Porsche904 @ 20 May 2014, 11:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great to meet up and chat with the Worthing Slot Club Guys (down the road from me) - we will come and have a go on your club track for sure

And great to meet you guys!

That 'networking' aspect is one of the brilliant things about the festival and it worked even better with the two days.

See you at the Barn

· Richard August
1,227 Posts
I went on Saturday and it was my first time at a Festival.
I thought it was brilliant all round. I did feel sorry for some of the retailers being
shoehorned into the little conference rooms. My preference would be to see the majority
of the retailers in one of the really big rooms as a market place.
I also think there may have been an overload on the number of tracks around the Festival.
A great effort by the organisers who must be congratulated on putting on such a great event.

· Registered
878 Posts
Some very good comment's / observation's SOUTHWESTSCORER....

Quote.... "My preference would be to see the majority of the retailers in one of the really big rooms as a market place". Fully agree. I think that would make a fantastic atmosphere...

Quote. "I also think there may have been an overload on the number of tracks around the Festival". Nice to have someone else making that sort of observation.

I personally don't care how many track's there are, as long as the Trader's are given PRIORITY.

I'm guessing "everyone" visited the Trade Stand's and that there would be quite a number, (like me) who never touched a controller at the festival.

Maybe a questionnaire by the organiser's would be worth a punt BUT there again, noting how many said they were going (on this forum) it probably wouldn't be at all relevant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see so much POSITIVE REACTION to what has to be the BEST FESTIVAL yet.

Michael.

PS. I feel a bit sorry for the organiser's now. Having made such a fantastic jump from the previous year, how do you match / beat this one ?

· Registered
341 Posts
I went on the Saturday,great atmosphere n bargains to be had

Dave from Slot track scenics should be a few pounds richer after bending my arm to part with my cash

always a pleasure to meet Dave.
My 6yr old daughter Rebecca had fun on Slot GB Rally Stages n was marked half way down the leader board,budding
slot car racer one thinks

Took some pictures of her racing on her favourite circuit she liked best

· Registered
341 Posts
QUOTE (Minardi @ 22 May 2014, 06:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh great! Especially when I see myself in the picture and not knowing that you were Redlines

But yes, It was fun and I remember the fun she had on that beautiful track.

Sorry Minardi to be honest I didnt know what you looked like other wise I would have introduced myself.
So we`ll have to wait till next year buddy
Cheers
Rick

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.