SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I can't find a thread on who's going to this years festival, I thought I'd start one.

So, who's going and on what days and where from?

Firstly.....Me!!

Although I've bought a weekend ticket (just in case plans change) I'm only intending going on the Sunday, with Porsche904 and a couple of others all the way from Sussex/Surrey.

See you there!!

· Premium Member
855 Posts
Five of us coming on the Saturday from Newcastle.

Ive been to all the previous festivals & it cant come quick enough

Cheers
Paul.

· Registered
878 Posts
I'm sitting on the fence..... I can recommend it for First Timer's. It's an occasion not to be missed.

However, if I go, is debatable. WHY ?

Because the main reason for my visit, is to browse the Trader's Stand's and last year was worse than the one before, because you couldn't get to see the Trader's Table's, let alone see what they had to offer for sale.

I came away extremely disappointed, with a pocket full of cash. It was not an enjoyable experience.

So, Sean or someone promoting this year's Festival. Two question's.

1/. Will the gangway's be much wider than last year?

2/. Will the Trader's be "all crammed together" like last year ?

I'm asking this question, for both the Traders sake (who I want to spend money with) and Visitor's, who like me, probably want to be able to view, what's on show.

There was ton's of space for the 'race track's' which whenever I passed through were sparsely populated, even when 'races' were being held.

I'll look forward to a response and hope it's a positive one.

Michael.

· Registered
2,902 Posts
QUOTE (Pendleslot @ 5 Apr 2014, 17:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The manufacturers & exhibitors list is taking shape nicely, even now we are still taking enquiries from Manufacturers and distributors.
An updated list of stall holders & exhibitors is now available via the festival website
Sean
Disappointed to see Scorpius Wireless & Slot Car Solutions have disappeared from the list - maybe I was seeing last year's list when I looked before.

I hope Scalextric will have their wireless throttles for trying out & it would be great to see RCS Pro as well.

· Premium Member
1,569 Posts
QUOTE So, Sean or someone promoting this year's Festival. Two question's.

1/. Will the gangway's be much wider than last year?

2/. Will the Trader's be "all crammed together" like last year ?

I'm asking this question, for both the Traders sake (who I want to spend money with) and Visitor's, who like me, probably want to be able to view, what's on show.

Michael, swapmeet area isn't my remit but as Roger doesn't frequent the forum I'll take your comments on board and respond on behalf of my fellow organisors.
You mentioned that last year was more crowded than the previous. I do find this slightly strange as the aisles between tables were 1m wider than the previous year.
This was achieved by taking out two complete rows of backed tables and replacing them with rows of unbacked tables.
There will be changes again this year to the layout of the swapmeet area which should make the area flow a little easier. However, the biggest single factor
that will have a direct influence is that the event is over two days. No way will we expect the same number of visitors each day which should make the swapmeet area
area less crowded & easier to browse.
As far as the traders are concerned the event is a vital source of income which helps tide them over the quieter months of the year, so your continued support would be appreciated.

QUOTE Disappointed to see Scorpius Wireless & Slot Car Solutions have disappeared from the list - maybe I was seeing last year's list when I looked before.

I hope Scalextric will have their wireless throttles for trying out & it would be great to see RCS Pro as well.

As I mentioned in my post, we are still receiving enquiries, the list is up to date but is likely to have changes up to the last minute.
Scorpius are currently looking at various options to attend the festival which we hope will work out.
RCS 64 will be at the show on sunday to demo their software.
Scalextric intend to be at the show with their development team to demo latest products such as RCS etc.

Sean

· Registered
878 Posts
Thank you for a quick response Sean. Hopefully it's not too late, to do a double check, that there will be more space for the Traders.

It's good to know you are 'listening & responding'.

The available space for the trade area compared to other's seemed disproportionate, which I think show's what most visitor's
are coming for. To spend money.....

I highly recommend it to anyone who's not been to it before and I know from reading the Forum, quite a few are making a trip to the UK
for the Festival. I've not missed one of the Festival's so far. Going back to the outdoor one's. This Venue is great. Thank you for putting it on.

Michael.

· Circuit Owner
5,958 Posts
Despite not appearing on the list of exhibitors, Route1Racing will once again be at Gaydon, providing the demo track on the Chase Cars stand and offering most of what we sell on our website at the show.

I will bring loads more Inox this year - I only brought about 20 bottles last year and they sold out in the first hour!

Special show prices on SureChange guides and some new products. Come and see us and have a play with Gareth's amazing grin-inducing 3D printed chassis and cool resin bodies.

So I will be there and taking time out from the stand to wander around and spend way more cash than I dare admit to the missus

· Premium Member
10,492 Posts
It looks like I will be going now just so that I can get a 500R off Rikorocket ...... the things I have to do for the benefit of slot-car world ...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.