Slot Cars Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Final round of our endurance championship and our first champion was waiting to be crowned. Only 9 racers truned up but any one of 5 of them could take the crown.

In the lead of the championship was John Underwood with 88 points, followed by myself with 87 and **** Kerr on 83. With 30 points for the win, 25 for second and 21 for third it was down to tonights results. John was paired with the lowest points scorer present and so on, so that led to the following pairings who ran 20 min sections:

1) John Underwood & Simon Gathercole

2) Matt Tucker & Rob Kerr

3) **** Kerr & Nik Kerswill

4) Dick Gardner & Mike Thomson

5) Adam le Maistre & himself

Dick and Mike had car trouble = last. John and Simon were competitive but Simon not quite consistent enough and they ended 4th. Rob was not quite as consistent as normal and we ended 3rd, with Adam in second and **** and Nik taking a comfortable win and **** lowering the lap record for the Group C cars from 8.623 to 8.616 seconds.

So that gave **** Kerr the overall championship from myself and then John.

This week we start a DTM mini series. Motor limited to 25k at 12v, motor config as per original model, standard interior, 9/27 or 11/36 ratio and 3-D chassis and pods allowed.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Matt DTM gear ratios are choiced at 9/27 or 9/28 for inlines and 11/34 or 11/36 for sidewinders. Also watch out for both front and rear tyre limits and an original interior although I'm going to use a photo instead!

Dick

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
17 racers vied for the DTM mini championship win, including 4 racers whom were visiting the club as part of their weekend digital race programme.

We got out the Ninco NC1 Mercs which all stayed on a lane and Martyn, Leon, Jaoa and Jon White competed to see whom could cover the most distance over 4 X 3 min heats. Martyn had too many offs and was not in contention, Leon hung on to the coat tails of Jaoa and Jon awaiting for mistakes to take his chance, but they never came. A battle royal between Portugal and England saw Jaoa come out on top by 10 sections.

Leon, Jon and Jaoa joined Adam le Maistre and they ran the same format with the NC1 Mercs. adam had only participated in one qualifying round when he had an illegal car so had no points awarded. He had sorted his car for finals night and had hope of a good result, he felt somewhat aggrieved though that he first had to compete with the NC1s when anything other than a win would end his night and anything could happen. Well Adam took a comfortable win, Leon ended 4th and Jaoa and Jon had another battle royal. In their first race Jon had to chase down Jaoa in the last section, Jaoa held him off. In this race Jaoa had to chase Jon down, and Jon was unable to hold him off making a mistake in the last 30 seconds allowing Joao to take second and best of the visitors.

So Adam got his DTM car out and worked his way through the D and C finals beating Sean, Rob, Simon, David Collins, David Farrow and will

In the B final Adam, after his tyres were required to have a a width reduction, found the handling was not what it was. He came fourth. Mike Thomson took the win from Nick Wade and John Underwood.

Mike joined ****, myself and Dick. I can't remember what happened behind me, all I know is I won!

Black Grade - Simon
Blue Grade Winner - Nick Wade
Overall winner - Matt Tucker

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Final f1 evening of the year, and unless I imploded the championship was mine with a 36 point lead ahead of Adam and a max of 60 available on the night.

We had 13 racers and a busy night so we started of qualifying the 70's F1 with all but two breaking the 10 second barrier with pole taken by myself at 9.2 just pipping John Underwood. Nick Wade did a very respectable 9.4 showing he is getting to grips with the track now.

We ran a segmented race, 3 mins on each lane, furthest distance wins. Dick Gardner took the win with a JPS Lotus 72 followed by myself. It was close up to the last section however my tyres needed a clean which gave Dick a comfortable win, and gave John some hope but I held on to second by 2ft. Mike Thomson took 4th with a scalextric car and after that my memory fails me.

The final position set the qualifying order for the next class of unlimited F1. AllSlot with fibre chassis or modified ALlSlot chassis,Mack chassised beasts were the order of the day. Top qualifier was Adam, a few thousandths off qualifying record at a tad over 7.8 seconds. **** Kerr also broke the 8 second barrier followed by Dick, myself and then Mike Thomson.

It was nearly 11 now and a tad late for David Collins (we will start these F1 nights at 20.00 in 2018) and Nik Kerswills motor died in qualifying so we had 11 racers for step up finals. Simon Gathercole and a David Farrow beat Sean in the D final and joined Rob and John in the C final.

After a battle with John, Rob took the win from John, then Simon and David whom had a gear failure.

In the B final Mike took the win from myself, Rob and Nick Wade.

The A final was a fight between Adam and ****, Adam prevailed and nearly lowered the lap record, with **** in second. Dick took third and Mike in 4th.

Next week final mini championship with LMP

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Final scale track racing of 2017 with LMPs saw 14 turn up.

The mini series trophies were up for grabs along with the Blue grade diver championship of 2017 with Nik Kerswill having a 8 point lead over Rob Kerr. In the main championship John was in third and Adam fourth, but that could change if Adam beat John tonight.

Gavin, Steve, Dick and David F took to the first final. With three to step up it was a battle not to be last. Steve was taking that honour after the first section, however a few incidents with body screw loss and impacts saw David decide to withdraw.

That meant Gavin, Dick and Steve then took on Sean in the D final. Gavin and Dick scampered off in to the lead with Gavin taking the win as Dick's tyres required a cleaning stop to maintain a competitive pace and he was unable to claw back the lost time. Steve was third and Sean fourth.

Gavin joined Will, Simon and Nik Kerswill. It was two races, Simon taking the battle of the black grade (newcomers) trophy. Nik and Will had a great battle for the win, but Gavin managed to take the win in the last section. That result meant Rob needed to gain the points of third or better in order to overtake Nik in the Blue grade (main grade) championship.

So Gavin joined Nick Wade, John and Rob in the B final. Rob was quickest in all sections but also took top honours for being the most inconsistent and ended 4th which ended the race for the blue grade champion. John and Nick battled the lead with Gavin hot on their heels. After 3 sections Gavin's consistency had given him the lead although John and nick were all on the same lap. John was on a favoured lane and put in a great final run to overhaul Gavin and rake the win. Gavin took second and the minin series blue grade trophy.

So John joined myself, Adam and **** Kerr. The first section was an up and down battle but I retired after the first section, a tyre de lamination ending my race. **** had established a lead and just continually extended it taking the win and a distance record for the class. Adam was second and John third which meant Adam took third in the overall championship.

Class winner - **** Kerr
Blue grade - Gavin Wills
Black grade - Simon Gathercole

21 - 25 of 25 Posts