SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,775 Posts
Hello Nick,

The absolute rules for 2019 are not finalised, but the link below shows the 2018 rules/regs. The car list is quite limited.

RS200s tended to dominate so the current thinking is to keep those standard but allow some mods to the others (eg lightweight interior), so that it doesn't end up as an all Ford event.

Most entrants don't take it too seriously and enter the car they fancy rather than based on performance, but there is an element of competitiveness rising.

The general ethos is to keep costs down and avoid cheque-book tuning.

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20371-2018-wrp-rules/

Leo

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,775 Posts
Body mods are not generally allowed other than light triminhg of the chassis to permit body-rock. However, I think one year "Snurfy" (as Martyn_ is known down under) lost the rear wing off his Peugeot 307 and was allowed to compete. I added a lamp-pod to my 307 after asking if that was ok (#bling).

I'll mention the wing removal as a possible bit of allowed assistance for the Audis.

In previous years, there has been a control tyre provided by MJK Engineering but nothing firmed up yet - Ian of MJK has been poorly.

Essentially its a "blue-printing" type series.

Leo

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,775 Posts
Hello Nick,

The tyres get sent to entrants once they have paid. I can send you a couple of the Lancia/Audi type to get you started (pm your address). The MJKs work very well on Ninco and Carrera track :)

The 2018 entry included the Audis below.

Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Green

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Asphalt

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive design

From 2017: (there were others)

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,775 Posts
I meant to say that the admin for the event is based in Australia so best to ask about the S1 eligibility on auslot.com

I don't know enough about the various Audi evolutions to comment but the S1 looks like it fits the spec.

However, as you can see, there are very knowledgeable entrants from the UK so this thread will continue to be active.

Rallye Monte-Carlo just started :)

Leo

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,775 Posts
Hello Nick,

The WRP tracks vary, mostly wood, some S-Sport and my Ninco. Another Ninco would be nice :- )
Last year one of the Scottish stages featured some Scalextric Start track and that worked quite well so hoping to do that again this year.

Leo

Audi blasting round !!

Table Property Furniture Building Plant

Attachments

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,775 Posts
Yo Simon,

With my WRP track record, any advice from me is high-risk !!

2018 was my highest placing ever on WRP, only just managed to sneak in ahead of your car. I don't have any ideas how to improve my car though.

Leo

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,775 Posts
Yo Nick,

I have a Ninco sprung guide in my Delta. Its a bit wobbly though. Not been able to find an adaptor of the right diameter. I had tried one of the Scalextric/Hornby sprung guides but it wobbles severely...

Yesterday, I lost the spring, but managed to find it - phew !

Leo

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,775 Posts
Hello P-G and congratulations on the title, good to see your result. The 2019 championship has been a bit dis-jointed due to the world's difficulties of nature in recent months but got there.

Best regards, Leo

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,775 Posts
Hello Dave, the signs are not good for the next season.

Ref your credentials - Gazza is a "Super Moderator" and you can get to him via Facebook via "Gary Blayney".

Leo

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.